• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

mix coolant?

Jacob Klein

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I noticed the coolant was low, reservoir was almost empty actually, and picked up Prestone 50/50 and noticed its not green like what is in the engine now. Will mixing them cause issues? The coolant I bought is orange color.

thanks in advance for your feedback!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No. Ethylene Glycol (green) and Dexcool (orange) are not compatible. When mixed together they form a gel-like substance that stops coolant flow and consequently the engine overheats.

Jacob Klein

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No. Ethylene Glycol (green) and Dexcool (orange) are not compatible. When mixed together they form a gel-like substance that stops coolant flow and consequently the engine overheats.
Thanks, I read a few comments online that mentioned that and others that said it's OK. I'll not take any chances and get the correct fluid.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why is the coolant low? My Seedoo has never used a drop of coolant. I would look for a leak or take it to the dealer. It is too new to be almost out of coolant.

Jubin Payandeh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I had a coolant issue. The line from the reservoir was kinked so the engine would over heat and the coolant would overflow. With some time the coolant depleted. This was easily remedied by un kinking the line and adding more coolant.

Jacob Klein

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks all, I am going to call the dealer this week and bring it in just to be sure.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Why is the coolant low? My Seedoo has never used a drop of coolant. I would look for a leak or take it to the dealer. It is too new to be almost out of coolant.
I just refilled the reservoirs on my 215HO and put almost 1qt between the two engines after 70 hours of operation. After much studying, I venture to say that this reservoir design (which is not the same as SeaDoo boats) allows some coolant to escape through the overflow vents while operating in rough water. Just in case though... check engine oil level and appearance as well as all hoses for potential coolant leaks.

Jacob Klein

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The dealer determined the initial coolant levels were not where they should have been. (I purchased the boat new from the dealer, as a closeout special from 2015) There were no leaks of any kind, they just determined that the coolant was not filled to where it should have been originally.