• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Modify seats for flip-up bolsters?

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
My Scarab 195 didn't come with the flip-up bolsters on the bucket seats. I called Scarab and they told me to call the local Scarab dealer to order or price a pair of seats. I then called the local dealer in Clearwater and the parts guy did some research and then told me that I could just order the flip-up bolsters and add them to my existing seats, so I ordered them. After I got the first one I took a look at the seat and it's obvious that I will have to have a shorter seat bottom for the bolster to fit onto. There are circular holes in the armrest sides that the bolsters fit into and pivot on. The existing seat bottoms are about 4" too long.
Has anyone done this mod? If I am lucky I can just order short seat bottoms to go with the bolsters.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That sucks. Would have been nice to know ahead of time.

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maybe an upholstery shop can modify existing seats for less than new seats? Worth looking into I think.

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I called Scarab and they gave me the part # for the shorter seat bottoms and I ordered them from my local dealer(who no longer sells Scarab). I figure that it might be hard to modify the existing seat bottoms that are built up on a molded composite form, but maybe? So, it's costing a bit more than I expected, but still a lot less than new seats would have cost.

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
It took a long time for Scarab or their supplier to make the smaller seat bottoms to fit the flip-up bolsters that I had ordered. I finally got them installed yesterday and they look great. Not that the older seats looked bad, but we spend a lot of time idling around the lake edges and wanted the better view from a higher seating arrangement so we can spot any boulders lurking below the surface.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
It took a long time for Scarab or their supplier to make the smaller seat bottoms to fit the flip-up bolsters that I had ordered. I finally got them installed yesterday and they look great. Not that the older seats looked bad, but we spend a lot of time idling around the lake edges and wanted the better view from a higher seating arrangement so we can spot any boulders lurking below the surface.
Do you have pictures and a part number for your bolster setup?

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I found the receipt for the seat parts. Here is the breakdown:

Part # MM4012455 Bucket Seat Cushion w/spring W3 $231 ea
Part # MM3081374 Seat Bolster, Bucket Seat SC C SH $186 ea

You will need to double this for 2 seats. The part numbers may be Marine Max part numbers, since they start with MM. The actual part numbers I think came from Scarab, and vary by the color style/year of the boat, so your dealer would probably have to call to get the right ordering info. No pictures available right now, but they match perfectly with the boat.

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
9504420170802_115714.jpg
I found a picure that shows how the bolster gives you about 9 inches of extra height, so you are looking over the windshield instead of through it. Slightly cooler, less claustrophobic, better situational awareness for docking, better view down into the water, ect.
The passenger seat is down, to see the difference.