• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moisture in rpm gauge.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have an issue with moisture in their tach? Ive got some in my right gauge that seems to come and go.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if you take your tach out and let it sit face down in the the hot sun for a day it should dry out

hoppersteven

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I did. It was in my left tach which is the tach that supplies power to both and to the fuel Guage, alarm, gps and stereo on the 2015 24's with connext. And now none of that stuff works so I gotta get it in. But the face does twist off, takes a little strength but can be accomplished by hand then there is the clear plastic face which is held in place with a o-ring which can be popped out with a pick then use a hair dryer to dry it out

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the same issue in both. I assumed they were sealed and could not be opened. Took it in the the dealer and it was authorized for replacement on both.

PedalPirate

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used to have this issue with both tachs. Once I stopped using the cheap shipping cover and purchased one of those fancy Yamaha covers it stopped; no more mold or mildew in the boat either. I got to thinking: Why am I using the cheapest cover to protect my most expensive toy?

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info everyone. I didn't know the covers came off. I'll try that. Mine seems to have gotten moisture in them when I some water got into the boat when the cover was one. I had a mooring rope attached to a cleat the went under the cover but not through the cleat hole and the cover was pulled off.