• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Monster Tower 2019 SX 195

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Last weekend got my tower and bimini up and wired. Took me two days to get the work done myself. Supper exited about completing this project and can't wait for the weather to get nice again and get on the water. The tower is slightly at an angle because I installed it on the gunnels. To help with the bimini angle, I pointed it slightly down. Monster is working on a new rear heim joint that will take the back legs and put it on a better angle. I also installed the tower to fold back.

1612363588217.png

1612363612804.png

1612363646229.png

When folded I put a stand behind so the joints are not too stressed.

1612363693654.png

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Michal, that looks great! Any tips? I ordered same one yesterday for our SX195. I see your front bracket is as far forward as you can go. If I lower front trailer jack, the windshield just clears my garage opening. Is that reason why you wanted to fold back? Did you reinforce gunnels underneath with plywood or did it come with plates? Robert

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry Michal, Just realized you answered some of my questions awhile back. So I need to ask about longer screws? And keep me informed about the rear helm joints. Can you fold down and leave bimini on?

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Sorry Michal, Just realized you answered some of my questions awhile back. So I need to ask about longer screws? And keep me informed about the rear helm joints. Can you fold down and leave bimini on?
I've not heard anything on the helm joints yet, thanks for reminding me, I'll email them and see if they have an update on that. The bimini is on, the last picture you can see it in its boot. I don't think you could fold the tower with it unfolded. I asked them for longer screws because when I used plywood to reinforce, the screws provided were too short. I'll take some photos for you in a bit and send them over.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. I was chatting with Katie online this am. Said they didnt have any longer screws? I said thats funny, Michal who organized the group buy said they were sent right out. She came back online and said we will ship you what we sent him . another question, where do I find a small section of marine plywood? did you use 1/2 inch thick?

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks. I was chatting with Katie online this am. Said they didnt have any longer screws? I said thats funny, Michal who organized the group buy said they were sent right out. She came back online and said we will ship you what we sent him . another question, where do I find a small section of marine plywood? did you use 1/2 inch thick?
I'm sorry, maybe she got confused. Went to Lowers Hardware and used 1/2 inch pressure-treated plywood. I got a bigger section so I could cut it to what I needed.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
1616774882686.png

1616774900068.png

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got it. Thanks for the pics.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Michal, While waiting for my longer bolts, couple more questions. I have talked to couple people. Both say that they wished tower had little more forward lean. Is that what you were waiting to hear from Monster about. Were you thinking of a higher bracket in the back? How much would you say, inch or two? I saw one member that even made risers but havent seen any recent posts. Do you have a pic of your light wire and about where you tapped in? And did you even consider forward fold or did it not go far enough down behind windshield to get in garage door?
thanks

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hey Michal, While waiting for my longer bolts, couple more questions. I have talked to couple people. Both say that they wished tower had little more forward lean. Is that what you were waiting to hear from Monster about. Were you thinking of a higher bracket in the back? How much would you say, inch or two? I saw one member that even made risers but havent seen any recent posts. Do you have a pic of your light wire and about where you tapped in? And did you even consider forward fold or did it not go far enough down behind windshield to get in garage door?
thanks
Yes I agree, the way our gunnels are, make the tower sit straighter up than most people like. This also makes the bimini point up a bit if you follow the instructions. I've seen the raisers made and they are awesome, if I could buy some I probably would. The risers I've seen were custom-made. This why I'm waiting on Moster Tower to produce the rear joint to point the tower more forward. I did consider the forward fold, but as you said, it would not fit in my garage so I had to do the rear fold. My wire hole in the boat is not pretty and I'm going to put some kind of a bezel around it. Tapping into the rear light was easy, the snaking the wire through the tower was a bit of a task. Used gasket maker to close off the hole in the boat for now and wrapped the wire electrical tape so when I put the tower up I can push the slack inside the tower and not rub on the wire.

1617203031998.png
1617203149136.png

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a pic of what one guy did to lower the front. Bought piece of alum online and reconfigured front bracket. Says its effect was that it lowered the front a couple inches. I saw in directions that if folding back to drill a new hole in the back leg for the wire. Wished they would have done it at factory and just provided a plug for the unused one. Looks like he has all his wires (has speakers too) coming out back leg. I am hoping that if I go ahead and install if they come out with improved bracket, existing holes will work. Thanks again for all the pictures. Trying to learn all I can from guys already installed.bracket modified.jpeg

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is a pic of what one guy did to lower the front. Bought piece of alum online and reconfigured front bracket. Says its effect was that it lowered the front a couple inches. I saw in directions that if folding back to drill a new hole in the back leg for the wire. Wished they would have done it at factory and just provided a plug for the unused one. Looks like he has all his wires (has speakers too) coming out back leg. I am hoping that if I go ahead and install if they come out with improved bracket, existing holes will work. Thanks again for all the pictures. Trying to learn all I can from guys already installed.View attachment 145675
ohhh wow.... that's a great idea.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Check this out. Someone made this custom and posted it on one of the facebook groups. 1617205820545.png

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now thats what I am talking about. Would be so easy for Monster. Come on Monster. Look how far back he is mounted. Even past the gas cap and original bimini hook. Obviously folds forward. If on here, hope he will chime in.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I sent him a msg on FB, hope he responds. I would love to know where and how much. Seems like this solution would be better than just a longer bolt on the joint.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Just had a quick conversation with him. He had it done custom at this friend's shop. I asked if his friend would be willing to make some for us and if yes if he could provide us with a price.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome. Just let me know. Thats a few inches isnt it? Alot more professional looking than what I could come up with. I might hold off on drilling til we hear. Looks like with the heim joint it is adjustable enough to work anyway.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could you see any full pictures of his setup. Curious to see side view. Do you mind telling me which facebook group?

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is the thread here Facebook Groups Philip Sousa is the guy I spoke with. I may have to hold off on it, since I've already installed it, the back bracket would have to move a bit. This means I would have to do some fiberglass repair and drill new holes. Such an awesome solution, but I don't think i'm going to do it. I'm planning on going with a bigger boat in the next couple of years so not sure its worth it for me.

1617213058608.png1617213090728.png1617213066888.png

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Michal, Just checking in. Did You hear from Phillip? I messaged him but havent heard back. I would be hesitant too of I had already drilled. Another guy simply put a 2x2x3 inch aluminum plate under the rear bracket on a sea ray and stated it leveled his nicely. Might be something that would work in your case. Still think yours looks fine.