• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Month 1 Ownership Debacles

Ah... I have the "Certificate of Origin" (MSO) which lists the weight.

Maybe contact the previous owner for the MSO? If things get really sticky, you could apply for a replacement MSO. Licensing Service | ShoreLand'r©
Thanks... I have a box of stuff from the owner and dug through it and didn't see an MSO. Waiting to see what Shorelander says.

Florida kept my certificate of origin / MSO when titling the trailer and boat (new boat), so original owner would need to have made a copy.

Last edited:
I had to go through the same fiasco when registering my (used boat) trailer in Orlando. IIRC, I got the trailer weight at a metal scrap yard (I think it was suggested by the DMV) in northwest Orlando (boat lived on a dock so no issue unloading trailer). I believe it was in the vicinity of Lake Fairview, so you could try launching the boat there (ramp right by the marina) and tying up at the marina or at Grill's restaurant (and take a quick weight trip while friends eat).

Last edited:
Got the power of attorney from seller and weight from Shoerlander. Boat and trailer registered, waiting for the numbers to arrive.

Managed to ding up the gelcoat. I think it may have been on a rough day docking and the boat was rocking in the waves and the top of the stern corner came up and hit the dock. ?

PXL-20201017-144822886.jpg

I see some people repair this themselves but being right on the edge I have a feeling even if I can match the color/texture it will be hard to get the shape. I got one quote is $530. Pretty pricey for being the size of a couple quarters. Waiting on a second quote to decide if I want to give it a shot myself or not.

Is that deep enough it will need some sort of resin to fill it in before gelcoat?

Might go for the $500 on that one. It is do it yourself-able, but it is going to be a bit challenging for your maiden voyage. Your glass is impacted. Probably not much, but you will need to grind all of that down to see for sure. Likely there is only a little glass impact, so you can beef that up with some epoxy before putting on gelcoat. But if you grind and still don't hit good glass for too far, you will need to lay up new glass--that is much more difficult and involved. Plus as you note you are on the edge (but not a bad one, really).

That said, happy to help you if you decide to tackle it. And it is the right time of year (off season) if you are somewhere warm enough to work with the materials.

Back