• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Mooring Cover + Guide ons

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone gone crazy while using the mooring cover on a trailer with guide-on poles? The ratchet straps are conveniently in the exact same spot as the poles... :mad: I feel like somewhere there is an engineer laughing at my expense.

Has anyone gone crazy while using the mooring cover on a trailer with guide-on poles? The ratchet straps are conveniently in the exact same spot as the poles... :mad: I feel like somewhere there is an engineer laughing at my expense.

I have heard of this issue before. . . . . But the guide on poles are not permanent. . . Simply loosen, move forward or aft. . . and tighten.

The guide on poles don't come installed. That needs to be considered before you mount them. At this point, I would re-position them. Mine work great where I put them.

20150620_165607_zps36p7owun.jpg

The guide on poles don't come installed. That needs to be considered before you mount them. At this point, I would re-position them. Mine work great where I put them.

20150620_165607_zps36p7owun.jpg

Speaking of Mooring Cover(s) is there a ratchet strap on the other side of your boat too? Or just the one?

Both sides:
20150620_165645_zpsfetcp0b6.jpg

Is it like the shipping cover. . . . If you leave one side engaged you can tighten the whole cover from one side?

Anyone know if the black cover is like this too?

Is it like the shipping cover. . . . If you leave one side engaged you can tighten the whole cover from one side?

Anyone know if the black cover is like this too?
Yes, but you do need to disengage the clip to get the cover around the tower. Once you have done so, you can ratchet it from one side. We choose to do it from both sides, to avoid unnecessary clip fatigue, but it most certainly can be done.

Yes, but you do need to disengage the clip to get the cover around the tower. Once you have done so, you can ratchet it from one side. We choose to do it from both sides, to avoid unnecessary clip fatigue, but it most certainly can be done.

Thanks. Until I change my dock configuration to a U-Shape, I will have to settle on a one sided tightening job. I clip the port side from inside the boat, then pull it over from there.

Do you happen to know if the black cover is the same?

Simply loosen the poles and move them forward.

image.jpg

Thanks. Until I change my dock configuration to a U-Shape, I will have to settle on a one sided tightening job. I clip the port side from inside the boat, then pull it over from there.

Do you happen to know if the black cover is the same?
I am not sure about the ratchets on the Black cover, but believe so.

Thanks. . . . . Trying to get confirmation from my dealer too.

Yup. I started using the black cover this season. It has ratchets on both sides and I only tighten one side.

Side note when you first install the brand new black cover...don't read the directions. It states to start front first. No way in hell were me and my buddie able to get it on. We went back to front and it worked like a charm.

After two weeks of being on the boat, it stretched out a tad and I can put it on myself in 5 minutes. I really like the new cover. I just hope it lasts.

Yup. I started using the black cover this season. It has ratchets on both sides and I only tighten one side.

Side note when you first install the brand new black cover...don't read the directions. It states to start front first. No way in hell were me and my buddie able to get it on. We went back to front and it worked like a charm.

After two weeks of being on the boat, it stretched out a tad and I can put it on myself in 5 minutes. I really like the new cover. I just hope it lasts.

For the money they are getting I am thinking nothing short of a lifetime Guarantee will make it worth it. . . . .

Thanks for the info.

Back