• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

mooring whips installed

Absolutely! I was just picking on Mel because I could see he was worried about offending anyone with his comments. Any helpful comment should never be an issue on this forum. That's the huge reason we (well I shouldn't use we and speak for everyone) are all here!

Any comments are helpful here.. I had no offense to anything and I appreciate the opinions.. I am still playing with tension but one thing I gave learned is I wish I would gave got some that hinged up.. it is like parallel parking getting back in between the whips without catching on the Bimini....

@Trm1765 How is your install holding up? Looks like a nice setup you have there.

They are doing great. The biggest thing I have learned is to keep the same tension on all the ropes and they do awesome. Also, a rope to keep the boat from going forward or back is very important. I use one rope that hooks to the middle cleat on the boat and goes to a cleats on dock mounted at the front and back of the boat, which keeps it from going either way. The ropes hanging from the poles need to stay inline with the poles to be effective and that rope keeps everything inline. I did replace one of the mounts in order to get a hinged one. It was a parking challenge to get in between them without getting hung up on the bimini. If I was to do it again I would get the hinged mounts from the start.

I just looked at the pics I had posted and realize that I have added a couple other ropes also since that pic. I added a rope from the front cleat of boat to cleat on the dock and another rope to a cleat on the back of the boat to a cleat on the back of the dock. These keep the whips from pulling the boat out to far. All the ropes work together when adjusted correctly. Poles keep boat away from dock, ropes keep boat to far from dock, rope to middle cleat keeps everything inline. It might sound complicated but it really isn't. I tied loops in all the ropes and leave them in the correct positions so I can hook everything up in 30 seconds and it is aways adjusted perfectly.

Last edited:
Awesome. Glad it is working out. 30 seconds is great.

Back