• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

More surf testing :)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When we perfect how to get the ball across the fence we will share the setup..... ;)

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Impatiently waiting for your results. Very nice wave. How fast were you going in that video. I was going 10.7 today on the perfect pass and that seemed faster.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have a pic of your wave @thcole ?

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a very nice wave to say the least.... And we have a very nice wave.
Interested to see the trick. image.jpg

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know your trick. It's called a MasterCraft x30 with Gen2!
Show off! ;)
Close..... That's Gen 1 listed with extra 750 bag and 400lbs of sand bags..... Lol

It's at the dealer getting Gen 2 installed now..... I will report back.
:)

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A friend had Gen2 installed in his x25. He's having a difficult time dialing it in. He had everything just right with Gen1 - he kinda wishes now that he left well enough alone.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A friend had Gen2 installed in his x25. He's having a difficult time dialing it in. He had everything just right with Gen1 - he kinda wishes now that he left well enough alone.
The developing consensus , as I read it, is....you can surf Gen2 on most boats right from the factory....
But if you want to tweak the wave AND STILL USE THE SURF TABS AS DESIGNED. ... You cannot just throw wight in the back of the boat (slam)..... It changes the angle the new Tabs are design to work and messes up the wake....

You must add weight evenly Fore AND aft , 1:2 ratio at least ... To keep the Attack and of the Tabs proper. ....

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That makes sense.
He says it's now very sensitive to weight distribution, whereas before he'd just fill, list and go.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That makes sense.
He says it's now very sensitive to weight distribution, whereas before he'd just fill, list and go.
The benefit is the the Dual wave crew , who switch Goofy and regular riders often .....it's a pain emptying tanks and filling for each side and switch....
The wave is very rideable and the boat stays level. Nice for the days with lots of riders and friends on board...

You can still just List the boat and get a great wake to your liking.....

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
tim surf.jpg

This is what I have now. It was the first time out for the year with the new set-up. Still looking to get it better.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 7560

This is what I have now. It was the first time out for the year with the new set-up. Still looking to get it better.
Looks nice!
I cannot say this enough... Do not, wake surf with the rope dragging beside you like that, you are asking for trouble even at that slow speed.

I daughter tried to throw the rope, and missed the boat, we could not pull it in fast enough before she fell and it wrapped around her ankle causing a really bad rope burn... We felt lucky that that's all that happen.