• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Most ridiculous trailer light design ever!

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
These stock trailer lights are terrible. Even when disconnecting electrical water still gets in there so when you reconnect, BOOM...blown bulb. Time for an LED fully enclosed upgrade. 44F4E3FA-F9DC-4373-A40A-005CB50C41BE.jpegEFFB8707-D143-4F9D-82A0-089E8E949F4C.jpeg

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Amazing where they skimp on stuff aint it. I literally had 2 burned out bulbs after the first time in the water last year after we left the dealership. So freakin stupid. I guess when you buy 1million units of lights from china back in 1995, you gotta use that old ass stock somehow. Thanks Shorelandr. /sarcasm.

LED lights.jpg

Rockfords Fosgate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have my gripes with Shorelandr as well, but honestly they are just delivering what Yamaha spec'd (affordability).

After just 1 year, my bunks are ripped and the OEM tires from China are an atrocious mess. All 4 are out of round to the point where they cannot be properly balanced. Didn't even bother trying the spare.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just realized I had the same problem over the weekend. It is not worth it to keep trying bulbs. The trailer on my fishing boat is a 2016 Karavan and it had the same lights/same problem so after having to change the bulbs all the time I went with LED ones and haven't had issues since.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Trailer lights always frustrating.
But, I was happy when my 2018 ShoreLander came with all LEDs.
I haven’t had any trouble with it yet.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a similar complaint. $50 set of fully enclosed LED's from Home Depot solved the problem so far this season. Well worth the time and effort to make that happen.

FYI, the LED's from Home Depot have a "left" and a "right" on them. Don't solder the light in until you verified you have the correct side in place. Ask me how I know.

Here's my trailer light thread.......I need to update it with what I actually did. Maybe this afternoon I can get to that :D

*edit* Forgot to past the link in. Whoops.

Last edited:

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw in another post, I forgot whose it was (sorry for not give credit where credit is due!) but they bought these and are a direct replacement with the stock ones...no soldering, wire splicing etc. I haven’t verified with my actual trailer lights if they’re the same, but would be nice!

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I saw in another post, I forgot whose it was (sorry for not give credit where credit is due!) but they bought these and are a direct replacement with the stock ones...no soldering, wire splicing etc. I haven’t verified with my actual trailer lights if they’re the same, but would be nice!

Eastern Marine has the same light for much less. They are plug and play and a direct fit. I put them on my 2020 trailer. They make a big difference in my view

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got my Shoreland'r LED's from East Marine as well. They were backordered at the time, so I got some CZ Auto? LED from Amazon. One filled up with water and half the diodes stopped working in less than a year (essentially four months Ohio boating time) . I intentionally spliced the wire on the light side, leaving the Shoreland'r connector in place knowing I would eventually put the Shoreland'r LED's on.

Put the Shoreland'r on last week and we'll see how they hold up, but I think I like the design better.

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have the Shorelandr LEDs. Way better design and looks great.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@S1LV3R4D0 what did you install for the cross member led's if you don't mind me asking?
This one right here. LED Light Bar

Don't be confused by the wiring. It will ground to the frame so only one wire to hook up. I scraped away some of the coating so the light bar gets a good ground with the mounting screw.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you mean THEY SUCK. Last year with a brand new boat and trailer they lasted a grand total of three dunks. I was then off to Autozone and got a direct fit taillight assembly for 60 bucks. About 30 dunks later they are going strong. Incandescent bulbs in this era is beyond stupid.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
First mod I did was buy the Shorlandr LED's - no issues with them at all. Leave them on everytime we dunk. I called Shorelandr to ask why their trailers for Yamaha are so cheap, guy told me that's how Yamaha specs them out.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Must be bulb-burning season, I just had one go last week as well. I couldn't find any local stores with LED enclosures that would work so I had to buy a bulb replacement for a quick fix since I wanted to go out and hate not having trailer turn signals.

In addition to the suggestions here, etrailer.com has a pretty good selection of compatible lights as well, I'm ordering one of those since it's just a matter of time before these bulbs go.