• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Motor bogging/missing

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Hey crew so I have a 2019 scarab 195 open ID it has the 300HP ace motor. Wanted to see if anyone has has similar issue with any of the jet boat motors not just 300 ace. So motor has 16hrs on it and its been good since then, what happened was once putting around to the wake spot we throttled up and at 5-6k RPM it started bogging and missing. I dropped it back down to 3k and did some in and out of throttling for about 5-10 mins seeing if it would clear up and it did. motor was back to running 8k 50mph. Happy to have the day on the boat workout but now you know how that goes if the problem isn't happen finding issue is almost impossible LOL. So if anyone had this issue that didn't just go away and needed something please et me know.

one thing I read in manual when I first got it was something about the gas tank needing to stay pressurized so thinking maybe it needed to continue to off gas and build pressure? I did just top it off which when doing so releasing the pressure.

on another note this hull actually produces a nice wake for wake boarding now to test wake surfing soon.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I doubt it's tank pressure. Most likely options are bad gas or bad spark plugs. I'd replace your plugs since it's so cheap to do and would help rule that out. I have no idea why they would be faulty after only 16h... but it's an easy thing to do. You can also inspect them when you take them out for any obvious issues. But at 16h, I presume you could also bring this to the dealer to get it checked out?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Different brand, but with a 250hp Rotax, we water tested a Vortex 203 and found the electronic throttle control did something similar where it bogged a bit like it was getting too much fuel, and wouldn't rev up past about 5k...it was weird. We stopped, cut the engine, fired right back up and no more issues. I think that was just a glitch with engine control software or something. I wouldn't worry about it unless it does it again, then like Luc said, back to the dealer for a check up.