• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Motorcycles, General questions

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you all - narrowing in on a Honda CBR600RR and a Honda NC700x for me. I think if it gets hard on my son's back, we can switch and I will take the CBR :) Getting excited and will be mapping out the trip soon even though we have a way to go.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With so many people who ride on this forum we should just set up an epic road trip like the boating gatherings on here. I would love to do a semi cross country trip starting in the mid west and going to cali or going to the east coast and just ship the bike back to the starting point. As I got older I lost all my friends who ride so when I sold my last bike two years ago I never bought another but I would pick one up if a few guys wanted to do a fun long trip. Even a trip doing the whole blue ridge parkway would be an awesome ride for a few days.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tim h you got a bike? I will go shopping and pick another up if you want to do it. This time of year I can buy something and sell it for more than I paid for it in the summer here. I think @Neutron lives close to the area as well and maybe we can talk @veedubtek into it also but I think he will just bring a car.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know Harley Davidson rents bikes and they are made for cruising. My state requires a motorcycle driver's license so dbl check your state if you don't have one.

Someone once told me save all your old socks and underwear or other clothes that only have one more wear in them so you take them off and through away. Saving you from washing and making room in bags for other stuff.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, an FZ1...
If you want to do it let me know and I will pick a bike up for the hell of it in the next month. We can just plan an early spring trip late March or early April maybe

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Fuck that, I've been on the dragon a bunch. I'll bring the boat so we can hit Fontana next door when we're done.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With so many people who ride on this forum we should just set up an epic road trip like the boating gatherings on here. I would love to do a semi cross country trip starting in the mid west and going to cali or going to the east coast and just ship the bike back to the starting point. As I got older I lost all my friends who ride so when I sold my last bike two years ago I never bought another but I would pick one up if a few guys wanted to do a fun long trip. Even a trip doing the whole blue ridge parkway would be an awesome ride for a few days.
I will ride from Oklahoma to Cali. You could run route 66.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
no idea who any of you are, and don't even own the kind of boat this place is for... but...you guys take a route anywhere near me, ill ride. LOL rain or shine.

tentatively planning a dragons tail ride in the spring. Ride and meet my friend in Tennessee then head down. soccer coaching duties may foil it. too late, and its boating season, i dont miss boating days...not even for the bike.

My full dream ride... head out to highway 1 in Cali. Grew up in silicon valley......with family on the central coast(my personal mecca). Those were my stomping grounds as a kid. Iv'e driven that stretch from Monterey to Pismo at least 50 times. in cages. the next time, it will be on two wheels!!!!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tim h you got a bike? I will go shopping and pick another up if you want to do it. This time of year I can buy something and sell it for more than I paid for it in the summer here. I think @Neutron lives close to the area as well and maybe we can talk @veedubtek into it also but I think he will just bring a car.
That is 7.5 hours from me

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you want to do it let me know and I will pick a bike up for the hell of it in the next month. We can just plan an early spring trip late March or early April maybe
Fuck that, I've been on the dragon a bunch. I'll bring the boat so we can hit Fontana next door when we're done.
SO, LETS KEEP THIS IN MIND FOR NEXT SPRING !

Maybe dirkelton will come up ???

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He better leave now. It'd take him 6 months to get there on that little baby KLR he rides.

We rode the dragon in his Touareg a couple years ago on one of our Fontana trips.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you all - narrowing in on a Honda CBR600RR and a Honda NC700x for me. I think if it gets hard on my son's back, we can switch and I will take the CBR :) Getting excited and will be mapping out the trip soon even though we have a way to go.
like a 2014 with 1,600 miles on it ??? I am driving in Doylestown, PA to pick my tower from @Water Girl this Saturday. I will send you an PM tomorrow, but you might want to warm up on the idea that Christmas might come early for you.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys plan a ride, I'm in as well.

Best friend has two Ducatis sitting in his garage. He rides his "new bike" '12 Streetfighter 848, and I get to ride his "old bike", a 2010 Monster 696. Monster has like 11k miles on it now, and I think I've put almost 7k of those on it. We rode a bunch until last season when we both got new jobs, and schedules got stupid. We've been talking about a Blue Ridge Parkway ride for years, but haven't made it happen yet.

I'm subscribing to keep tabs on how this develops :D :D

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been riding sport touring bikes for 20 years.
Personally I like
1. ABS brakes
2. Upright riding position
3. Electric windshield
4. Heated grips
5. Fuel injection

Modern things important to me.
1. Traction/ stability control
2. Cornering ABS
3. Heated seats
4. Communication system, mostly music and navigation into helmet (sena s20)
5. Removable hard bags and trunk.

Have had BMW's, triumph, and many misc. Lot of good used options out there with modern bikes.

Last edited:

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just moved from ATL down to Jacksonville. Have family up in Knoxville. I have ridden just about everywhere down here in the southeast. If you guys do plan a trip we may come along as well. Funny talking about motorcycles on the boat forum. Maybe I will talk about boats in my motorcycle forum. HA !