• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Motorcycles, General questions

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is great to see what has been started. Pick up a CBR600RR this weekend. 1 down, 1 to go. I'll have to look up this dragon's tail ride.

@Betik, I'll PM you back

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
have fun man! CBR's are fun.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The bike is incredible and my son was able to shift/handle immediately but he drives a manual car and had the engineering mindset 135142D5-549B-42D4-BAD6-20852F862A2A.jpeg . What a great bike.

I am dialing in on an fz9. I want a Yamaha and like the mix of sport and function. Close to finalizing

Pic of the cbr.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's awesome! Glad you can do that with your son. I've had a Honda VTX for a few years. My son just got a Honda V65 Magna. It's awesome to ride with him. Envious of the tour rides. It's on my bucket list. Several guys from work go yearly up to the mountains and Tail of the Dragon an all. I will be there one day.

Enjoy and ride safe!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't remember reading in here or not. Please tell me you guys are going to take an MSF class at the minimum before you set off. Even this is the only time you ride a bike in your entire life, it will make you a better driver/rider in general. Well worth the weekend and cash to get the training!

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
beautiful!

youll love the FZ-9 too. Coworker has one and LOVES it. good looking AND sounding machine. the 3 cylinder is unique sound, slotting nicely between the quiet grunt of my twin boxer, and japanese liter bikes...

enjoy!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Be very careful of any gravel on the road. You will lose the front wheel in a instant and especially if you are braking.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had to keep it in the family so bike #2 is a Yamaha FZ8. Santa really came early this year. Not many mods needed as the previous owner changed the exhaust, faring, lights, levers, etc Very excites for August

We will be taking the safety course program next
96C82C4E-0058-45FE-B349-2DF59D71D51D.jpeg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are definitely going to want some sort of seat cushion for both bikes. Your ass wont like long rides on those.
I have a gel seat on my FZ1 and was better but still not good for long rides.
I got an Airhawk and with just the slightest cushion of air i can ride all day

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are definitely going to want some sort of seat cushion for both bikes. Your ass wont like long rides on those.
I have a gel seat on my FZ1 and was better but still not good for long rides.
I got an Airhawk and with just the slightest cushion of air i can ride all day
100% yes! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ even on my sport-touring bike, after about 4-5 hours i have monkey butt(half numb/half pain). So I stand up on the highway to stretch, probably look stupid to people driving by :) NOTE: I am afflicted with the "i only stop when I Need gas" disorder so that makes it worse. lol

(I heard santa's bringing me an airhawk for christmas-cant wait, bet it adds at least 50% to how much i can stand in a day)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
100% yes! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ even on my sport-touring bike, after about 4-5 hours i have monkey butt(half numb/half pain). So I stand up on the highway to stretch, probably look stupid to people driving by :) NOTE: I am afflicted with the "i only stop when I Need gas" disorder so that makes it worse. lol

(I heard santa's bringing me an airhawk for christmas-cant wait, bet it adds at least 50% to how much i can stand in a day)
They are great. Just make sure its not the cheaper one. There is the Airhawk and i think Airhawk2
The cheaper is not worth it
Even my buddy with a Goldwing has one.
I only use it for long trips

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They are great. Just make sure its not the cheaper one. There is the Airhawk and i think Airhawk2
The cheaper is not worth it
Even my buddy with a Goldwing has one.
I only use it for long trips

pretty sure its the one I tested out. (and free is always worth it lol) iv'e seen some reviews both ways. totally will only use for touring. not commuting. which I rode today! so happy. and bizarre 5 days before xmas. 38 this morning, chilly but worth it. think its the last of the year... a new record by a couple weeks.

had it randomly on my Amazon wish list. forgot about it... went to look, was going to buy one myself... got the "this item may have been purchased" notification. :thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.com/AIRHAWK-Motorcycle-Cushion-Cruiser-Medium/dp/B0045WBVUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513702989&sr=8-1&keywords=airhawk+cruiser+medium

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had to keep it in the family so bike #2 is a Yamaha FZ8. Santa really came early this year. Not many mods needed as the previous owner changed the exhaust, faring, lights, levers, etc Very excites for August

We will be taking the safety course program next
View attachment 66903
you guys will have fun. If you setup your routes by chiropractors and massage parlors instead of gas. You should be ok.

Also get a tank scratch pad. It will not help for comfort but it will reduce scratches on the tank. I predict your gonna be squirming around a lot. Belt buckles do some damage.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
https://www.ironbutt.org/ proud member ! get your today

sadly I changed my bike into a jetboat before I could nail the coast to coast.....and never looked back.....I survived 28 years of riding and count myself fortunate.....

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
https://www.ironbutt.org/ proud member ! get your today

sadly I changed my bike into a jetboat before I could nail the coast to coast.....and never looked back.....I survived 28 years of riding and count myself fortunate.....
was planning a 1000 and it fell apart. Really i just enjoy the ride and reaching a destination....then returning home... not really the miles... But I think Ill still do it at some point..

have a friend that does the Hoka-Hey challenge. insane. And awesome. 10,000 miles in under two weeks! With charity going to good causes...

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
was planning a 1000 and it fell apart. Really i just enjoy the ride and reaching a destination....then returning home... not really the miles... But I think Ill still do it at some point..

have a friend that does the Hoka-Hey challenge. insane. And awesome. 10,000 miles in under two weeks! With charity going to good causes...
Insane 10000 miles. 300 miles would kill me on a sport bike. A barca lounger on wheels, like a road king maybe 1k

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@4x15mph I wanted to check up and see if this went down and how things went?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 , thanks for asking and the trip was one of a lifetime! Neither of us will forget it.

We started out on a wet and rainy day. After we got to NJ (2 hours), we were so wet and stopped at a reststop to decide what we wanted to do given the weather. We checked out the radar and conditions looked better on the way to our 1st night's stop in Lake George. We decided buy some sweatshirts, press on and things definitely got nicer. What a trip on the NY state thruway and the route to Lake George. We stayed at a Marriott overlooking the Lake and had great meals and fun in the town.

Next day we took the ferry from Sussex across Lake Champlain to Vermont. We rode to Burlington where we stayed on the water and had fun in what is one of my favorite towns. Live bands, beer festival, top restaurants, and lot's of the best cheese.

The day after we headed back towards home and stayed in Kingston NY. Not a lot there other than a small town but it split up our ride nicely.

I enjoyed it so much that I just got back from another trip to upstate NY and the Gardiner area. Mohonk mountain, New Paltz, etc. My son didn't come along since he is in college/co-op but it was good therapy for me.

Couple of pics but we didn't take out our phones much

Some additional comments:
- Both bikes worked out perfect. No sore butts but we did 4 hours max and stopped for gas every 80 miles
- Our headsets (Sena) were great. We talked a good part of the way and were always just a tap away on our intercoms. This helped with communicating stops, etc.
- Neither of us had touring fairings but with the sport setup, we were able to crouch down and did okay. The Honda CBR took the wind a lot better than my naked bike but when I found the right "crouch", I did much better.
- No problems along the way... thank god.
- We were well prepared based on everyone's input on this thread. Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats awesome @4x15mph we should bring this conversation about a road trip back together. Anyone up for a Blue Ridge Parkway trip in March or April? Its far enough away now to really be able to plan it good. We could probably just pick a 300 mile stretch and split it into a weekend. @tim h @Neutron @Peelz @rkluck @2kwik4u @4x15mph