• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Motorcycles, General questions

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might be in. Buddy and I had planned on hitting the dragon this fall but couldn't get our ducks in a row for it. He has a baby due around the first of the year, and I have a 6mo old currently. Would definitely have to play it by ear as it gets closer. Lots of changes for both of us between now and then :D

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am heading there mid November for the first time but not with the bike. Me,the misses and the 2 doggies. I want to check out the area for future motorcycle trips.

But i will keep it in mind to go with you guys in the spring. A definite possibility

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have done this before at camped in younger days. I am interested but would probably have to work out timing and plans to be sure. Usually my wife rides with me as well.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have done this before at camped in younger days. I am interested but would probably have to work out timing and plans to be sure. Usually my wife rides with me as well.
My wife would likely join as well. She wont ride but she will probably bring her little roadster convertible so she will probably have room for one more if anyone's wife wants to tag along. We don't camp anymore so we would be hoteling it up either in Cherokee or in the Asheville/Biltmore after the first days ride.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 wuld 700cc scooter be allowed in this event ?
Of course my good sir but as @Neutron mentioned that is a rather large scooter heck the bike I will be on is only 848cc. I don't care if someone wants to come in a mini van it would be for all and any one who would like to join.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If minivans are allowed, I might bring the Prius as chase vehicle LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my 700cc is half an engine from a Honda Fit and hits red at 6,500rpm. A very far cry from a Ducati reving at 15,000+

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If minivans are allowed, I might bring the Prius as chase vehicle LOL
Lol I can’t say much I spend a ton of time in a Prius as well. My Monday thru Friday car is a 2012 Prius that I bought brand new and now has over 200k miles on it. I hate the car with a passion but already know my next one will be another Prius. 200k miles and it still runs like it did when it had 20k miles and I have literally only done regular maintenance I have yet to have anything break it’s just crazy.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my 700cc is half an engine from a Honda Fit and hits red at 6,500rpm. A very far cry from a Ducati reving at 15,000+
If I show we'll be on an 848 Ducati, and a 696 Ducati. The 696 is not overly fast, but handles great. My bet is a 700cc scooter will be more limited by lean angle than by engine power.

Lol I can’t say much I spend a ton of time in a Prius as well. My Monday thru Friday car is a 2012 Prius that I bought brand new and now has over 200k miles on it. I hate the car with a passion but already know my next one will be another Prius. 200k miles and it still runs like it did when it had 20k miles and I have literally only done regular maintenance I have yet to have anything break it’s just crazy.
Isn't modern engineering great?!?!

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
KEEP ME POSTED !
It may be a bit of a hike but please let me know where we would start from. I would likely ride the bike up from Tampa..

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No one needs to worry about taking a slow bike. I will trail in the back and will be "riding my own ride". My bike is fast - me, not so much.

@Betik, bring the scooter and we can switch at some point. Is the scooter a Suzuki Burgman?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No one needs to worry about taking a slow bike. I will trail in the back and will be "riding my own ride". My bike is fast - me, not so much.

@Betik, bring the scooter and we can switch at some point. Is the scooter a Suzuki Burgman?
I'm too old to go fast anymore those days are behind me. I will likely be on a Ducati 848 @2kwik4u as well unless I pick up something a little more comfortable for a longer trip between now and then for some reason but I will still be taking it easy either way.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
watching this thread. It's been a long time since I had my last bike (2004 Honda VTX 1800) But I've been looking for an opportunity to take one of my sons on a roadtrip in our 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbowasdry.jpg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
watching this thread. It's been a long time since I had my last bike (2004 Honda VTX 1800) But I've been looking for an opportunity to take one of my sons on a roadtrip in our 1994 Toyota MR2 TurboView attachment 84602
That thing would be a ton of fun on a trip like this bring it for sure! My wife will likely bring her Miata its under powered but the 50/50 weight distribution makes it fun on a trip like this. I also thing @veedubtek would join with what ever toy car he has at the time if he is not in Florida yet. Maybe I can talk @1948Isaac into bringing his Audi R8 up or maybe his bike if he still has one.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will ride my CVO limited. Should be fun.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I show we'll be on an 848 Ducati, and a 696 Ducati. The 696 is not overly fast, but handles great. My bet is a 700cc scooter will be more limited by lean angle than by engine power.
I am afraid , the limiting factor here will be the rider LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

nope it is NC700X. But it is literly a scooter that Honda can put fancier plastics on it.