• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MotoX 6 Movie

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those of you who dirt bike. I just watched this movie and the first 20 minute riding segment is filmed on the hills overlooking Kamloops lake where we boat. Cam.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
i cant watch videos anymore or I will go buy another 450, man do i miss it but I will end up with another one when the funds allow

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sold mine a little over a year ago, I didn't get to ride it much the last few years but it sure was sad to watch it disappear down the road in the back of someone else's truck.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love those Moto movies. I usually watch them on Netflix, so I'll probably have to wait a few months ;(

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can' ride until 2016 or late 2015 but already shopping for the next bike. Unfortunately I cant kickstart anymore so it will an estart bike. Cam.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Man oh man - I miss my YZ's. But I just don't have the time to go to the tracks like I use to.

1 of my favorite MX movie was Steel Roots with Jeremy McGrath.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
i would personally go ktm or get a wr model yamaha since you have to go electric start. i was never a ktm fan until i rode one and it made my crf450 and rmz450 feel like turds

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have to agree with @dustinjean - after having Yamahas forever (both 2smokers and thumpers), I picked up a KTM and turned it into a supermoto. KTMs are incredible machines.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm getting the urge to build another supermoto. Wandered into the KTM dealer this afternoon. Checked out a new 500EXC. $11k for a dirt bike! :confused:
Wife dragged me out by my ear. Big mistake taking her. But she's OK with spending $8k on a new Polaris 570 quad for our son????? It was her idea to go to the bike shop in the first place.
Damn it!!!!

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
prices have gone insane but so has the technology when we bought our boat i checked out the 2013 rmz450's at the dealer and they were $9k i about killed over then every time i think about buying an rzr and i look at prices around $16k i just think of it as id rather put that towards my next boat

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Husky supermoto as a street bike so definitely looking at KTM and the new Huskys. My riding buddies are raving about their new 500EXCs. It's hard to be patient. Cam.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a Husky supermoto as a street bike so definitely looking at KTM and the new Huskys. My riding buddies are raving about their new 500EXCs. It's hard to be patient. Cam.
I had a 04' KTM LC4 625 that I converted to sumo - I sold her in 06' for a Husky SMR450. Sold the Husky this past summer, and now I'm getting that craving again to build another one.

husky5.jpg myblacklc42.jpg

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
slider_side_resize.jpg I have the SMS630, the street version uncorked with a JD tuner. A bit tame but still fun. What did you think of the distanzia tires? I am pondering new tires but unsure what to get. Pretty much street but would be nice to have enough dirt traction to survive the occasional dirt path and grass. Cam.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 15488 I have the SMS630, the street version uncorked with a JD tuner. A bit tame but still fun. What did you think of the distanzia tires? I am pondering new tires but unsure what to get. Pretty much street but would be nice to have enough dirt traction to survive the occasional dirt path and grass. Cam.
The Distanzia's rock. They offer plenty of pavement traction and decent offroad traction, while still providing a long lasting tread design. Just for shits and giggles, I loaded her up along with my YZ450 and took her to the MX track. Its no MX knobby, so you can't blast out of a corner, but with smooth throttle and momentum, the Distanzia's did surprisingly well - well enough to get all the timing sections down and clear the big doubles.
I ran Contis before that - they were for on road only. And tread wear sucked - I killed the back tire within 500 miles.