• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to Jax, FL

cjaysanchez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are in the processor moving first halve of 2021 from Houston to Jax, FL. To register our boat and trailer in FL (2021 yamaha 195s), it seems a pretty simple process from what i can read online. Does the trailer need to also be registered? I assume it does since I need plates for it. In Texas we had to do it in two different offices, but I believe in Florida is all done in one tax-collector office. If anybody has some experience with this, please give me some feedback of the process.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We are in the processor moving first halve of 2021 from Houston to Jax, FL. To register our boat and trailer in FL (2021 yamaha 195s), it seems a pretty simple process from what i can read online. Does the trailer need to also be registered? I assume it does since I need plates for it. In Texas we had to do it in two different offices, but I believe in Florida is all done in one tax-collector office. If anybody has some experience with this, please give me some feedback of the process.
Yes, you can register it together at any platting agency location. The trailer will have its own separate registration so it can have plates issued to it. All you need is the bill of sale with the trailer VIN on it and the specs showing it's under 2k lbs.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welcome new neighbor. JAX has some awesome boating.

I’d recommend the tax assessors office. DMV is usually a total s—-show. Hopefully when you get here the tax assessors are back to normal, but right now, Duval are being mask Nazis w/ no accommodations for ada (that may or may not matter to you, just stating facts). All of the tax assessors are only serving residents from their own county. So, even though the closest one to me is in St. John’s county, I had to drive 30 minutes away to one in Duval because...I’m a zombie or something even thou I shop and play in that county because it’s the closest to my house. Like I said, hopefully things will be more normal by the time you get here.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Duval are being mask Nazis w/ no accommodations for ada (that may or may not matter to you, just stating facts).
What the heck is even the point of this comment!? As they should be, everyone should be wearing a mask especially indoors and even more so at a government agency servicing the public. And there is no ADA for not wanting to wear a mask.

OP we’re all not crazy here in FL... then again I can’t speak for N. FL apparently.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What the heck is even the point of this comment!? As they should be, everyone should be wearing a mask especially indoors and even more so at a government agency servicing the public. And there is no ADA for not wanting to wear a mask.

OP we’re all not crazy here in FL... then again I can’t speak for N. FL apparently.
I’m glad you and your family have no medial issues that this policy affects. It is not the same for everyone and it this same lack of consideration that my family has had do deal with recently at the tax assessors. And since there is a government monopoly on these types of services, there is no alternative such as avoidance, which is our normal procedure, that we can employ.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I’m glad you and your family have no medial issues that this policy affects. It is not the same for everyone and it this same lack of consideration that my family has had do deal with recently at the tax assessors. And since there is a government monopoly on these types of services, there is no alternative such as avoidance, which is our normal procedure, that we can employ.
There is absolutely no one or any reason that medically exempts you from wearing a mask, so stop being a selfish individual and actually care about others and how the virus can either kill them (or you). And before you lecture me on disability, we are a disabled veteran household in/out of the VA hospital weekly... and guess what? We can still wear a piece of fabric over our face.

CDC states that masks should not be worn by:

· children younger than 2 years old
· anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.

So unless you’re dying from a car accident or so frail you can’t move, WEAR A MASK.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is absolutely no one or any reason that medically exempts you from wearing a mask, so stop being a selfish individual and actually care about others and how the virus can either kill them (or you). And before you lecture me on disability, we are a disabled veteran household in/out of the VA hospital weekly... and guess what? We can still wear a piece of fabric over our face.

CDC states that masks should not be worn by:

· children younger than 2 years old
· anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.

So unless you’re dying from a car accident or so frail you can’t move, WEAR A MASK.
I’m glad our doctor feels differently and is more considerate. I take it from your comments that you are not a doctor or responsible for for someone who has these issues. You should feel lucky for that. It has been quite an eye opening experience dealing with people as inconsiderate as the attitudes you display here, which is why, like I said, our usual policy is avoidance. And really, I have no obligation to defend my family’s medical issues to you so I bid you good day and good luck.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I’m glad our doctor feels differently and is more considerate. I take it from your comments that you are not a doctor or responsible for for someone who has these issues. You should feel lucky for that. It has been quite an eye opening experience dealing with people as inconsiderate as the attitudes you display here, which is why, like I said, our usual policy is avoidance. And really, I have no obligation to defend my family’s medical issues to you so I bid you good day and good luck.
Hahaha ok. You obviously read nothing that I wrote, typical selfish anti masker attitude. I’m glad you practice avoidance instead of putting other people at risk, the state of FL thanks you.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
you guys got off track. you should be able to do all of it online at the county tax collector website. they will want title and or documentation to register.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
you guys got off track. you should be able to do all of it online at the county tax collector website. they will want title and or documentation to register.
Maybe, but you're going to need to go in for a new driver's license anyway since moving from out of state.

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh I just can't help my self. Sorry Mask Freaks.
There is no data supporting that a friking masks saves lives. Surveys taken find that over 90% of positively tested folks always wore their masks while around others and out doing errands, and were never around others who weren't wearing a mask. Yet they contracted C-19 anyway.
Most folks do not wear their mask properly. And the the gaiter style coverings - well those are so thin and useless.
What happened to not touching your face?? I have never had my hands so near my face so often taking the mask off then on again, adjusting the mask over and over. What a joke.
Many epidemiologists contend that we are doing more harm than good wearing the d**n things.
California has some of the strictest lockdowns and masking rules in effect and just look at the hell they are having.
Calling anyone selfish on this forum does no good. We are independent individuals with god given rights. So if you want to wear a mask I will criticize you not. Please don't name call and try infringe your beliefs on the rest of us.
My .02

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Oh I just can't help my self. Sorry Mask Freaks.
There is no data supporting that a friking masks saves lives. Surveys taken find that over 90% of positively tested folks always wore their masks while around others and out doing errands, and were never around others who weren't wearing a mask. Yet they contracted C-19 anyway.
Most folks do not wear their mask properly. And the the gaiter style coverings - well those are so thin and useless.
What happened to not touching your face?? I have never had my hands so near my face so often taking the mask off then on again, adjusting the mask over and over. What a joke.
Many epidemiologists contend that we are doing more harm than good wearing the d**n things.
California has some of the strictest lockdowns and masking rules in effect and just look at the hell they are having.
Calling anyone selfish on this forum does no good. We are independent individuals with god given rights. So if you want to wear a mask I will criticize you not. Please don't name call and try infringe your beliefs on the rest of us.
My .02
Please cite your claims. There are plenty of independent scientific reports that masks slow the spread and reduce the transmission rate of Covid-19. Just do a simple google search. Beliefs don’t overrule science.

I agree with you that wearing a correct mask, and the correct way, is critical for reduction in micro droplets. A panty ho, or these face shields are not gonna do anything and you continue to put others and yourself at risk.

Your beliefs not wanting to wear a mask puts everyone else in your community at risk. Unless you’re gonna stay home and not go anywhere wheat a mask. You could be asymmetric and spread the virus to others that could be more susceptible or have other underlining conditions in which they would not fare as well as you. You’re beliefs do not give you a pass to be selfish.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not to jump on the anti-masker bandwagon, I wear one everywhere I go. With that being said there are plenty of emotional, mental, and medical reasons as to why one can't wear a mask. A few instances I'm aware of are those suffering from PTSD( could be trauma from war, rape, assault, etc), as well as autism. There was a gentleman here locally who had the police called on him because he wasn't wearing a mask, cops came, and he had a lanyard that says please forgive me I can't wear a mask I'm autistic. Don't judge anyone not wearing a mask, you have no idea what they're going through. Best to just mind your own business and carry on with life.

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Suke - my point exactly. Mind your own business.
As far a citing data, I will go where all the Lefties go and that is the CDC and WHO statistics. Follow the data they say!
From the CDC site-
The survival rate figures from the CDC’s IFR estimates: 0-19 years old, 0.003 percent; 20-49 years old, 0.02 percent; 50-69 years, 0.5 percent; 70 years old or older, 5.4 percent. (IFR - Infection Fatality Rate)
That means for or people 69 years old or younger, the survival rate is between 99.5 percent and 99.997 percent, while for those 70 or older, it is an estimated 94.6 percent.
I also wear a mask most indoor places I go. And when I don't, I do not ridicule people who do. Only the ones who try to tell the rest of us what to do, or try to shame others.
Try looking elsewhere for your information and look for objective data instead of being glued to CNN and MSNBC and other MSM politically driven garbage.

twentiesforever

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also copied and pasted directly from the CDC web site. The data shown has been distributed all over, not just on the link posted.
Again please do your research. Left wing MSM, CNN and MSNBC are proven liars. Fox News isn't much better.
By the way - the blogger's data lined right up with the CDC data.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Didn't realize Jacksonville had such a mask problem. Lets get back on topic or start your own thread in the correct section with a related heading.

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, not everyone in Jax has a problem doing the right thing. Most people I know are following the guidelines, no matter the personal beliefs.

Now to get back on track and actually help the OP, I moved down here 7 years ago and had to go through the tax collector for my cars and my license and everyone was nice and helpful, for the most part :)

There is tons of great boating to be had around here, sandbars are fun and fishing is amazing too! Welcome to Jax.