• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mr1 intermittent cylinder drop.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My gaskets for the Inectors are suppose to be here tomorrow.. I'll prob put it all back together this weekend. I am sure I will remember more but when I put it back together. Ut from memory there are some wires that are wire tied on the back end of the throttle body... the fuel line in the front is a little bit of a pain.... and then there is the throttle cable. U open the throttle by hand and the cable lifts out. Eight bolts and u lift up and back to get the fuel rail out of the front where the fuel line attaches. I remember there are several little pins under the bottom that need to be lined up. I'll take a pic.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One last for now question for you, since you have the throttle bodies in your hands... Can you see if the Spray pattern of the injector would be visible if holding the throttles open 100%...Let me re-ask that in case it's not clear...Do you think the injector spray pattern would be visible through the fully opened throttle based on the air intake location and where the injector spray pattern is pointed to, without removing the throttle bodies? Thanks again!!!!!!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In time for the fourth! Not sure if you were hoping for better, but could be worse.

I'm rooting for you!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll mail you my ECU today anyway. We know that it works properly.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So it was the ECU? Judging by the email saying it will be covered under warranty.....that leads me to believe they found a problem.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The way I see it they found a problem that matches what I described.. but I doubt it is gonna get here before the 4th... that's what @PaulyB the man!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The loaner ecu is in and all the injectors are firing.. no fuel leaking from throttle body... no fire! No one running and screaming for their lives! Next stop.... put it in the water sometime this weekend.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wonderful. Best of Luck!

Sidenote: I received my box of Injectors in the mail too from WalMart...I'm hoping to use the tips you gave me over the weekend to see if my few lost RPMs can be found inside the new clean injectors. Thanks again!!!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wonderful. Best of Luck!

Sidenote: I received my box of Injectors in the mail too from WalMart...I'm hoping to use the tips you gave me over the weekend to see if my few lost RPMs can be found inside the new clean injectors. Thanks again!!!
Any time man!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work. I'm highly skeptical about getting counterfeit fuel injectors. I've seen loads of them and they are usually junk. Beware anytime the price is much lower. I had this same cylinder drop out where it would run on 3 cylinders for the first bit, then kick in. New plugs fixed it. This was a mr1 fx140.

You can black flush the screen in the injector with a syringe and sone tubing with pinesol. Use a 9v to click the injector while back flushing.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The injectors I got were from walmart online for 15 bucks and injector... I figured they are pretty reliable... same part number and same make...

We ran the engine for about an hour and a half last night and even my wife says the engine with the new inectors idles smoother.. when I am at the helmet and my wife opens the engine hatch I can hear the port engine at all...

I agree that it could be psychosomatic but I am happy with it..

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got some too, hunting for my lost RPM. I think they are run on the same line using the same molds. There is a "Bosch authorized" or similar lettering inside the connector and that lettering has been rubbed off/scratched off on these... You can see partial text on some. It did not fix my problem but ran great otherwise.

They are in the photo below.

Attachments

Seabrook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I think I have a similar problem- the oil is tan colored (milky) and smells like gas I have heard that gas in oil turns the oil dark and water turns it milky. I took the oil out and let it separate but it would never completely separate (sat for 4 weeks) and on the bottom it was tan. when I went to autozone to dump the oil, I got a strong gas smell when it got to the tan part but again why is it tan. I have done plugs twice first time cyl 4 (closest to the oil tank) was wet and smelled like gas. I have swapped coils with my other motor and no change. It did make extra oil and dump into the intake I removed the Pcv vent tube from the oil tank and it blew tan crap on the engine compartment (problem is starboard motor). When on the water it goes to 10k rpm after it Boggs a little at 8k rpm this is from idle if you do not go from idle it does not bog also I get a strong gas smell on the water but no rainbow

It’s a 2009 232 limited and it’s been mine since new

Is gas in oil ever tan???????

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I have a similar problem- the oil is tan colored (milky) and smells like gas I have heard that gas in oil turns the oil dark and water turns it milky. I took the oil out and let it separate but it would never completely separate (sat for 4 weeks) and on the bottom it was tan. when I went to autozone to dump the oil, I got a strong gas smell when it got to the tan part but again why is it tan. I have done plugs twice first time cyl 4 (closest to the oil tank) was wet and smelled like gas. I have swapped coils with my other motor and no change. It did make extra oil and dump into the intake I removed the Pcv vent tube from the oil tank and it blew tan crap on the engine compartment (problem is starboard motor). When on the water it goes to 10k rpm after it Boggs a little at 8k rpm this is from idle if you do not go from idle it does not bog also I get a strong gas smell on the water but no rainbow

It’s a 2009 232 limited and it’s been mine since new

Is gas in oil ever tan???????
Glad to have you on board, sorry we had to meet like this,

Where are you located?
Do you normally boat in fresh or salt water?
Do you normally store you boat inside, outside, covered ??
Has the boat been involved in any tremendous rain storms/down pours and reason water may have gotten into the engine compartment?
Do you own a YDS ?
Have you ever confirmed how many hours on the motor?
Do you normally do you own oil/plug changes ? how often ?
how often do you normally check your oil level? every trip or only after an oil change??

I think yours is a good case since you've owned the boat since new and at least we can take some unknowns out of the issue,