• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Multitude of Questions about my 2019 Yamaha AR210

Dan Wickstrom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just purchased this boat a few weeks ago, just took out for the first time last weekend, had a blast, but I have questions.....

#1....Engine sounds like a swarm of bee's...Is this normal?...lol Im used to prop boats so those motors are much lower of a pitch, I think it sounds like bee's and a friend of mine says it sounds like a really fast go cart.....Normal??

#2...When pulling the plug I would say 3-4 gallons of water came out, lake was choppy and we had 5 of us in and out of the boat and we were running a tube, just curious if that much water is the norm.

#3....I noticed there was quite a bit of lake debris in the Plug area, not sure if this was from or the previous owner (I bought it used) What is the best way to clear out the debris and how in the heck did it get in there??

I notices there is a small hole in the front/lower part of the hull (clearly this is part of the hull) but not sure why its there, I did notice when the boat was anchored and bobbing up and down water was coming out of it....Normal? Why is the hole even there to begin with.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just purchased this boat a few weeks ago, just took out for the first time last weekend, had a blast, but I have questions.....

#1....Engine sounds like a swarm of bee's...Is this normal?...lol Im used to prop boats so those motors are much lower of a pitch, I think it sounds like bee's and a friend of mine says it sounds like a really fast go cart.....Normal??

#2...When pulling the plug I would say 3-4 gallons of water came out, lake was choppy and we had 5 of us in and out of the boat and we were running a tube, just curious if that much water is the norm.

#3....I noticed there was quite a bit of lake debris in the Plug area, not sure if this was from or the previous owner (I bought it used) What is the best way to clear out the debris and how in the heck did it get in there??

I notices there is a small hole in the front/lower part of the hull (clearly this is part of the hull) but not sure why its there, I did notice when the boat was anchored and bobbing up and down water was coming out of it....Normal? Why is the hole even there to begin with.
on #1- definitely higher pitch than outboards or I/O.
on #2 it's probably the anchor locker drain that's allowing the water in......believe it or not, the plastic factory installed drain fitting on many boats is too short and allows water into the hull. The fix is to buy a stainless steel one that is longer and install it. use the search and you'll be able to find the proper part number. Also, you may need to seal the tray by the cleanout ports. water can get in there and make it's way to the bilge if it's no sealed good. after you check these two things, i would bet your bilge will stay dry.
on#3- could be coming in from locations in #2 depending upon how big the debris is