• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2011 AR240's Wake Tower Doesn't Fully Collapse, So I called the Manufacturer

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like the title says, I can't get my tower fully collapsed without having to uninstall it, so I called up Diamondback Wake Products, who I'm pretty sure made the tower. They are located about 60mi south of me. I told them that it'd be cool if they were able to make a kit that retrofitted to the existing tower allowing it to fully collapse. No promises were made, but they took down my info and said they'd get back to me. I know there were other people on this forum experiencing the same issue as me, so hopefully there's luck in our future... unless someone already came up with a fix.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They also make the towers for Nautiques and the towers for Boston Whalers. Quality stuff. I'm sure they'll come up with a solution for you.

Hmmm - I wonder if they'd make me swivel racks mounting plates?

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@octavio3311 - I've heard good things about them, just didn't understand creating a tower that wouldn't collapse. It's a sports boat, not a full-on fishing boat. Hopefully I'll have more to report on soon. #FingersCrossed

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I Just got myself a 2011 ar240 also. I was wondering if you had heard anything about the tower? Didn't realize it would not fit inside my building with the tower up.

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever hear back from them on the tower? I have been fighting mine long enough. I have to do something soon or I’m going to pull my hair out!