• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My 212X Project from scratch starts today !!!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Enough of this waiting around because of the bad weather. I have been looking at my boat everyday since I bought the f#ck#r in September. Hell I haven't even put it in the water yet. With that being said, today starts the process......
1. Take off Shrinkwrap
2. Raise Tower
3. Install Battery
4. Sit in the boat and wish it was summertime
5. Put on the New OEM Cover I purchased
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...emium-mooring-cover-with-tower?b=Boat&d=13|13

Eventually the JL system & Thrust Vectors XL's will be installed along with a bunch of other sh$t !! Plenty of pictures to come in the near future

Sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon! If you can't be out on the water, you can still play with your new toy.

Nice!!! You're almost in the water.

So to the checklist:
--Shrinkwrap removal....CHECK very easy obviously
--Raising Tower...CHECK again very easy
--Put Bimini top on...NEGATIVE Its a mofo if you do not have a second person (Which I do not)..Bimini Top Pending
--Install battery...CHECK
--Sit on Boat and drink some beer (As SuperjetDan) suggested...CHECK
--Install New Cover...CHECK not that hard.. BUT I do foresee a real problem doing this when the boat is on a lift or in the water, Ill have to figure it out through trial and error.

The bimini is tight when you first go to use it. Especially in this cold air. It does stretch just a wee bit, but still remain tight. Do it a couple of times and you'll get the knack for it - it'll be a 1 man job then.
I too have the premium mooring cover - its a great cover. BUT it is a major PITA to use in a slip. Not so bad if your slip has 2 fingers with 1 finger on each side of the boat - but if it's only a dock with with access to only 1 side - PAIN IN DA ASS!

My bimini cover including mounting posts were in the garage.. I was referring to actually hooking everything up to the tower. Trying to line everything up with one arm holding the complete top and the other trying to put the pins through totally blew, thus it is pending lol. I am going to purchase a Sunstream Vlift for the boat. At least I will be able to rotate the boat while its on the lift so I have access to all sides.

I am also tempted to get started since tomorrow will have a high of 61. On the flip side, they are calling for snow next week and 30 degree temperatures. I will wait on all of the above except for cracking open the beer. There is still time to enjoy the winter microbrews

Hey Octavio..Question with that cover, do you get a lot of water where the cover wraps around the tower on the sides of the boat?? does the water get into the boat or run down the side of the boat based on where that opening gap of the cover is ?

I have been debating on pulling my boat out of the garage but with snow forecasted for Wednesday I will hold off.

Hey Octavio..Question with that cover, do you get a lot of water where the cover wraps around the tower on the sides of the boat?? does the water get into the boat or run down the side of the boat based on where that opening gap of the cover is ?

Much to my surprise, the boat stays pretty dry. No water. It's remained dry after days and days of rain. I was expecting it to be wet once after this violent nasty thunder storm came ripping thru dumping 4" of wind driven rain in like 20 minutes. But nope - it was dry.

Hey, I am looking at that same cover. Any chance you can post a close up pics of the cover where the rear tower mount meets the boat? All the pics online don't give a good pic of how that fits and keeps the weather out...

Sounds like a good plan to us! We were out two weekends ago, and our faces hurt the next day from smiling so much! :winkingthumbsup"

I thought I was the only one who did #4.
"HI, Im Bob and I sit in my boat wishing it was summer":shy:

Hey, I am looking at that same cover. Any chance you can post a close up pics of the cover where the rear tower mount meets the boat? All the pics online don't give a good pic of how that fits and keeps the weather out...

I don't think I have any pics. But I'll take a look.
I'd go take a pic for you right now - but my boat is in storage 90 minutes away.

SUMMER? I was out on the lake yesterday - tons of ATV's out there. The ice is 20" thick about 1/2 mile out and 16" thick at the shore.
20"!!!:mad:
We will have to reinforce our bows and and watch out for f'in icebergs this May - cause I don't see this crap melting soon enough.

bet those fins make nice tracks on the ice!

damn I literally just got done installing the tru locks and thrust vectors XL. I just left the house. If it is still light out when I get home I will throw up a few pictures if not I will tomorrow

I too have the premium mooring cover - its a great cover. BUT it is a major PITA to use in a slip. Not so bad if your slip has 2 fingers with 1 finger on each side of the boat - but if it's only a dock with with access to only 1 side - PAIN IN DA ASS!
You're correct in the fact that 1 sided dock can make it tough, but it is made easier( in both dock examples) to install your mooring cover from inside the boat. With the two dock finger scenario I just leave the velcro and buckels lose until I have the cover on and then walk around to complete. In the one dock finger scenario I installed from the inside but Velcro and buckle the non docked side as I back out of the boat. Then get on the dock to close off the rest. From inside the most is the fastest way to remove or install this mooring cover. For me any way. 2 minutes off. Roll as you go. 5 minutes on. Unroll as you go. A little practice in a wet slip will help you with this.

Back