• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My AR240 is going to get a new bedroom!

AEmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After determining that my 2015 AR240 would take up too much room in our garage, I decided to build a garage/workshop in the back yard. I am waiting for the city to approve my permit, hopefully I can get it done before the cold weather sets in. I intend to go with a 10' X 10' door and the building will be 25' deep and 24' wide. I'm looking forward to getting started since I am doing it myself.

After determining that my 2015 AR240 would take up too much room in our garage, I decided to build a garage/workshop in the back yard. I am waiting for the city to approve my permit, hopefully I can get it done before the cold weather sets in. I intend to go with a 10' X 10' door and the building will be 25' deep and 24' wide. I'm looking forward to getting started since I am doing it myself.
I’m in the same situation, waiting on the city after several months of back and forth on planning & engineering. Feeling like mine will never happen.
Are you actually doing the construction by yourself or managing the process?

Good luck, hope it goes well!
Mine has been extra difficult due to height and limited distance from my house that both created issues. I think it would have been a lot easier otherwise.

Good luck, hope it goes well!
Mine has been extra difficult due to height and limited distance from my house that both created issues. I think it would have been a lot easier otherwise.
Fingers crossed... How close is yours going to be to the house? We are planning for ours to be 6' from the back of the house.

It runs along the side and we thought it would be 6’, but didn’t realize that the roof eaves count in that spacing as well. I can’t move it over on the lot anymore and it’s only 20’ wide so I didn’t want to give up another couple feet of width. We ended up having to make it compliant with fire code as though it were attached.

I've started discussions with our town's code enforcement officer. Hoping to build a lean-to on the side of our second garage/apartment. I would LOVE to get the boat into the _heated garage_ I've already got but would need to fully remove the bimini frame and tower to make it through the just barely 8' garage door. I'm convinced the previous owner of the property built the garage doors intentionally wide for his own boat, but didn't require the height clearance I now do :(

I've started discussions with our town's code enforcement officer. Hoping to build a lean-to on the side of our second garage/apartment. I would LOVE to get the boat into the _heated garage_ I've already got but would need to fully remove the bimini frame and tower to make it through the just barely 8' garage door. I'm convinced the previous owner of the property built the garage doors intentionally wide for his own boat, but didn't require the height clearance I now do :(
Yep these things are freaking tall. I went ahead and did a full size RV door to future proof it.

I'd love to not need to lower the wake tower, but I also don't want the building to be that tall...

I'd love to not need to lower the wake tower, but I also don't want the building to be that tall...
I put in an 11' tall garage door in my detached garage. I did not want to raise and lower the tower in and out every time. For another foot of height it will be worth it. I think my 212 Limited S needs about 10' 6" to pass under.

I put in an 11' tall garage door in my detached garage. I did not want to raise and lower the tower in and out every time. For another foot of height it will be worth it. I think my 212 Limited S needs about 10' 6" to pass under.
You've got me thinking, one more foot...

I have 2015 24 ft boat. Might want to measure the length from the back of the boat to the folding tongue, 25.0 Ft deep will not be enough. I would think 28.0 Ft. would be minimum to give you some room backing in to keep from hitting back wall. Extra room makes it nice if you want to get in the boat and have room to get on from the back during winter for the those "Upgrade Projects"

Might as well make it 30’ deep.

You know, in case you decide to buy a 27 footer.

I have 2015 24 ft boat. Might want to measure the length from the back of the boat to the folding tongue, 25.0 Ft deep will not be enough. I would think 28.0 Ft. would be minimum to give you some room backing in to keep from hitting back wall. Extra room makes it nice if you want to get in the boat and have room to get on from the back during winter for the those "Upgrade Projects"
The overall length of the boat and trailer, with the tongue folded is 23' 6".

Back