• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My boat flooded!!! Help!!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And test it!

I installed my bilge alarm about 6 months ago. Had to play with the fuses (it kept blowing the 1A ones), but finally got that settled. Few weeks ago I took a cup up, put some water in it and dropped the sensor in. Not a peep.

Test it, folks.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Simple,...............the problem, is the scupper. I re did mine early on. Used on of these, 10 years later, no problems.

PS the bulk of my boat usage is for wakesurfing, so my boat is always loaded down, and low in the water. Trust me, unless u have a hull breach its the scupper.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Simple,...............the problem, is the scupper. I re did mine early on. Used on of these, 10 years later, no problems.

PS the bulk of my boat usage is for wakesurfing, so my boat is always loaded down, and low in the water. Trust me, unless u have a hull breach its the scupper.
Heck if your that paranoid, put in the new scupper ball, then seal the orafice over with some of the new rubber flex seal sheet, nothing goes in or out.