• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My co captain

Looks like she's in the drivers seat to me. ;)

I'll trade both of my lovely deck hands for yours! Well it's more like a 4:1 or 6:1 trade.... Just kidding, but I'd love to have an Admiral to help launch and retrieve, or at least drive enough I could learn to Ski/Wakeboard/Surf/tube...

image.jpg

I'll trade both of my lovely deck hands for yours! Well it's more like a 4:1 or 6:1 trade.... Just kidding, but I'd love to have an Admiral to help launch and retrieve, or at least drive enough I could learn to Ski/Wakeboard/Surf/tube...

View attachment 9365
Let me think about that HELL NO. HAHA. I love my admiral to death and I am very fortunate for her to be able to do that. She can handle that boat as well as I can. Maybe one day I will learn to wakeboard too!

Last edited:
An Admiral! DANG! The Dawg is blessed! The thing is...the Admiral doesn't normally drive, he (she) has captains for that doesn't she? Oh hell, what the hell do I know...I'm a civilian! I call mine "the warden"! She drove last weekend awhile!

View attachment 9365

At least they are probably good ballast. Those are two really good fat sacs right there.

View attachment 9365
This trade should include two new tires and a set of leaf springs.

LOL..you're funny @DawgDaze, I'm the Admiral..not the co-captain. :p

HA !! My wife is known as the admiral !! you beat me to it !!.....My son is the captain....I'm a deck hand and checkbook.......I want to drive so bad !!!

My son or wife will drive sometime. It is really nice to sit up front with a drink and relax every once in a while. For those who captain 100% of the time try it.

I think you have motivated me to give the helm to mrs. txav8r and see if somehow, she doesn't find the fun in it instead of the stress. Because like @cyberlock said, it would be nice to sit in my bow running across the lake. @DawgDaze and @Suchawittygal , I like the shared role of responsibilities you guys have. Now we have to get you comfortable on the water after dark! I know, I know, your local lakes don't allow it. But Canyon is the place, and the chart will be on the Garmin for it. So you can lay and navigate a track in the daytime, and then follow it back after dark. That lake is pretty small, so you can run back slow. As a minimum, you could just go out in the cove within sight of the dock and anchor for dinner and the evening, then just motor over to the dock and tie up. If the ramp isn't lit well, then you could just leave it tied up for the night (bilge pump armed) and load it the next day. Loading at night with no light is another one of those learned skills, but having lighted guides makes it MUCH easier, but it is still harder than daylight. Your equipped for it, just take it slow on the learning curve!

@txav8r, we spend a lot of evenings on the water. Moonlight makes it easy. I have boated on Lake Hamilton all of my life so it is easy. Monday night we were out on Lake Ouachita for a sunset dinner cruise. The sun went down and the tiniest sliver of a moon came up to take its place. There are 400 islands on Lake Ouachita. I navigated approximately 10 miles back to Crystal Springs Marina and then to the ramp using Navionics Updates Maps on my RayMarine Dragonfly. Fortunately it had the islands correctly placed and even had the buoys marked. I was comfortable driving around 30 mph watching the terrain for anything the GPS missed.

@Rana takes the helm for launch and retrieval on our boat. I encourage her to drive other times so she will be more comfortable.

I have been telling Danny and Cheryl about the fun to be had after dark:winkingthumbsup" on the water! I love night boating more than day boating! I don't yet have a chart plotter on the new boat, but I know the Nauti Dawg has one! It probably has a track from my local ramp to my favorite anchorage and back still on it! Moonlight does help but it isn't necessary. You can drive 25 or 30 and if you eliminate the lights in the boat as much as possible, you are able to see 100 yards or so to make sure nothing is floating in the water or unlit boats present. I do this with a chart plotter track that I am familiar with in the channel and away from the shoreline, that I have traveled in daylight and know it works. It is perfectly safe to do this, but using all your tools helps to make it more comfortable. We went out with Danny and Cheryl out on the Dawg, on their demo day, and we didn't come back until very late. I had already handed the keys to them and I was a passenger. Danny gave me the honors to return us to the ramp, some 5 miles away. I set up the plotter and off we went. They have the tools, they just need to grab a little experience to get comfortable with it.

My wife is know as "The Supreme Commander" or "Her Lordship" for short....lol

My wife is "The Executive Princess" of the house. At least she doesn't make me hail her by that name.

I am at the helm 95% of the time, but enjoy when someone else (if capable) is driving. That someone else is never my wife.

I have been telling Danny and Cheryl about the fun to be had after dark:winkingthumbsup" on the water! I love night boating more than day boating! I don't yet have a chart plotter on the new boat, but I know the Nauti Dawg has one! It probably has a track from my local ramp to my favorite anchorage and back still on it! Moonlight does help but it isn't necessary. You can drive 25 or 30 and if you eliminate the lights in the boat as much as possible, you are able to see 100 yards or so to make sure nothing is floating in the water or unlit boats present. I do this with a chart plotter track that I am familiar with in the channel and away from the shoreline, that I have traveled in daylight and know it works. It is perfectly safe to do this, but using all your tools helps to make it more comfortable. We went out with Danny and Cheryl out on the Dawg, on their demo day, and we didn't come back until very late. I had already handed the keys to them and I was a passenger. Danny gave me the honors to return us to the ramp, some 5 miles away. I set up the plotter and off we went. They have the tools, they just need to grab a little experience to get comfortable with it.
I agree Mel you are right! We have that beautiful boat with some awesome lights for the evening and we have YET to use them. California lakes are few and far between when It comes to nights on the water. Maybe we'll just relocate to Texas! The first chance we get to be out at night. we will take it out for sure.

With the exception of launching and loading, I take the helm simply because I like to drive right now.
The kids are getting old enough so maybe I will give it a chance next time out.

Back