• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My experience and opinion of my 2013 Yamaha FX HO p w c.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Cool.

I find myself wanting a jet ski to do ocean runs / play saltwater games.... aren't you supposed to go from a jet ski to a boat and not the other way around? LOL.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Actually I did go from a boat to skies because all my kids are probably as old or older that most of the members of the web site, youngest are twins who are 30, and I like the freedom of the ski to go just about any place and do it really fast.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There you go, I have a trolling motor that quickly attaches to the ski, and a fishing cooler with pole holders etc, plus I can throw a 7 foot cast net off the back to catch bait. Or I can use it for water skiing tubing etc, or just to get away from the crowd and go exploring in areas boats would never get in. Not to mention going out in the gulf to jump waves.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Need to see pics of that Motor set up. been trying to figure out how to get one set up on mine without drilling holes.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It just slips on and off I custom designed the brace out of stainless , it's strong as hell and it goes on and off in a snap. there are 2 different coolers to hold the battery one large and one small, the battery lasts forever I sort of overkilled that I would suggest using a smaller one since the deep cycle battery weighs 55 pounds, but I won't run out of power that's for sure.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yeah I dont think I need a ton of battery, not hard to move the ski, just need to keep it pointed in the right direction. If you can show me what you built that would be great

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Dammit... Now I'm not just trading my boat in, I'm moving to the coast. :p

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
When I get a bit of time I will show you how I did the mount for the trolling motor, right now I am still trying to reconstruct my trailer, I'm almost finished with it.
Then I can get to work on the van.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks Jeff, yeah get your stuff back in order then hit me up.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I actually built it for my 2013 cruiser so when I turned that over to the insurance company I took my mounting hardware off and installed it on the new 2014 replacement.
You will need to custom build the part for your individual hull, but once you build it the bracket goes on and off in a snap.
I drive with the motor on the ski and run wide open jump waves etc everything stays put quite nicely so there is no worries about having it fall off when you run from one place to another.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
YOU totally get it, my concerns are stowing in when running at 50 plus and not having it launch off.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I haven't forgotten you , I will try to get some pictures of the trolling motor mount etc. It may or may not work on a Honda I attach one part to the right side tow loop mounted on the back of the ski under the deck and I install a stainless catch for the back of the mount.
I also weld on rings where the threaded motor mounting rods tighten up to the mount so if the turn buckles loosen up the pads can't slip out and flip the motor into the water.