• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My first Stern beaching!

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello! Can't tell you how fun it was making my first stern beaching! We also pulled the tube for the first time! Fast and stable boat! The kids are having a blast! image.jpg image.jpg

I see. Well I don't beach my boat in any way, so to each his own. However I'm not sure that's a good idea, the nozzles back potentially banging into rocks and stuff doesn't seem like a good thing to me. Anyway again to each his own.

Hopefully the engines weren't started in that shallow water either...

I back up to the beach with my boat that way everytime. It makes for easy access and listening to the stern speakers i installed. I have the last person push us out before getting on. Perfect!

Awesome! Good looking boat too! Can't beat the swim platform of a Yamaha.

Guys back their boats in (beached) all the time. JetBoatPilot even has a YouTube video of it backed in and beached, because it shows how they (jetboats) are a major advantage over props.

I do it too, but never start the engines until I push out and I'm clear. Never had an issue. Don't have rocks to deal with either. But @DoubleThrust is correct, to each his own.

I love beaching that way. Just another advantage of a jet boat.

We say beaching but I'm sure all of us cut the motors before hitting the ground and are actually still floating and not on the ground. At least I hope this is what everyone is doing!

If you guys are letting your boats beat against the beach, your going to regret it. Guys do not let there boats rest on the beach, they tie them off via anchor and hold them above the bottom and just shy of the beach with waves, surge, or tide. I hope we are just misreading your terminology, you will sure depreciate the boat actually beaching it like that.

Yup, keep the jets clear of the bottom, but keep backing up. That's what swim platform is for.

tn_100_1450.JPG

What topper does is just about perfect. Cam.

Back it in at all time so all of those stern drive guys can regret their purchase! But yes! I always leave about 10"-12" of water cushion so it's not technically beached!

I should also mention I never start the engines till I have about 4 ft under them. Being able to use the back deck on these Yamaha's is such an incredible selling point to me. When we hang out at the sandbar everyone deserts their boat bc you can't really hangout at the bow of a boat. Our rear deck turns into the ultimate hangout spot with the umbrella we put up. It's like a mini tiki bar! Absolutely love it! image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 31
Hello! Can't tell you how fun it was making my first stern beaching! ....

As the others have mentioned....and I agree, try not to actually "Beach" the ass end of the boat. Although your model is fairly flat on bottom at the stern, there ARE some dangly bits that can be damaged - first and foremost is your depth sounder transducer and speedo pick-up. Not to mention, you really don't want your intake grates and jets pounding the sand when a wake comes by and bounces the boat. All kinds of things can happen.

Do a search on Anchor Buddy. That's a quick and easy way to anchor just off the beach, but easy to step on board. :cool:

see the picture below? That's about 6"-10" of water under the boat. I set it deeper during the afternoons when there is a lot of boat traffic causing wakes.

We do it just like Trevor! Anchor at the front and tie off the stern to a tree or rock on the shore. My lake has a fairly steep drop off so it works great!

Thanks for the extra tips!

Yes, I had my bow anchor in the drink and feed the line back. When leaving I pulled up the bow anchor! and jumped off the stern, and gave a big push...let her drift out a few yards and cranked her up and out....I was surprised how far she costed out from my push off....she very light on the water or was it my Hulk like strength? o_O

Hulk-like strength. Definitely. :D

If you ever start to believe in your strength, just try to stop this light weight boat at the dock...it will break your arm! tongue in cheek here, never do it! It is light and easily moved...unless it is moving against you! Being so light, without an outdrive hanging down, the wind can really move it easy. Some guys complain a little about how much it moves when swinging on an anchor rode in open water. It moves farther to each side and faster. So some of us deploy a sea anchor to slow the progression and arc to match that of the boats around us better. I often wondered if it was so light, why so hard to crank it up the trailer? I know the answer but it still seems like it should be easier!

I should also mention I never start the engines till I have about 4 ft under them. Being able to use the back deck on these Yamaha's is such an incredible selling point to me. When we hang out at the sandbar everyone deserts their boat bc you can't really hangout at the bow of a boat. Our rear deck turns into the ultimate hangout spot with the umbrella we put up. It's like a mini tiki bar! Absolutely love it! View attachment 22607

Were did you get the umbrella?

Back