• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My first Stern beaching!

Were did you get the umbrella?
I use a regular beach umbrella. I have a noodle stuffed into the table leg, the umbrella squeezes down inside tight so it is very sturdy.

Were did you get the umbrella?
I just got it at lowes and cut the pole down. I did line the pole with tubing to match the diameter of the Yamaha aluminum pole so it didn't wiggle back and forth.

Last edited:
I love the umbrella, I am going to try that with this:

sport-brella-umbrella-62.jpg

Having had the bimini extension on the 230, it was great, but more of a PIA to assemble than an umbrella. Now with the 240, the umbrella is less of an option. Because we don't have the center swim deck table mount. The side mount is much too flimsy IMO to consider mounting an umbrella in the table holder. I am wondering about an umbrella with just a rubber foot mod to set on the swim deck and fashion a couple of straps to secure it in place. IDK, seems like the straps would be in the way as well as the umbrella. The idea of a spike extension to set behind the boat is a better idea IMO, except that keeping it secure may be difficult, it doesn't look like that one is designed to put behind the boat. If anyone rigs a good way to do one on a '10-'14 240, I am interested!

Having had the bimini extension on the 230, it was great, but more of a PIA to assemble than an umbrella. Now with the 240, the umbrella is less of an option. Because we don't have the center swim deck table mount. The side mount is much too flimsy IMO to consider mounting an umbrella in the table holder. I am wondering about an umbrella with just a rubber foot mod to set on the swim deck and fashion a couple of straps to secure it in place. IDK, seems like the straps would be in the way as well as the umbrella. The idea of a spike extension to set behind the boat is a better idea IMO, except that keeping it secure may be difficult, it doesn't look like that one is designed to put behind the boat. If anyone rigs a good way to do one on a '10-'14 240, I am interested!
I think it'd be worth it to install a table mount on the swim deck, I would if I ever get a boat without a mount.

I should also mention I never start the engines till I have about 4 ft under them. Being able to use the back deck on these Yamaha's is such an incredible selling point to me. When we hang out at the sandbar everyone deserts their boat bc you can't really hangout at the bow of a boat. Our rear deck turns into the ultimate hangout spot with the umbrella we put up. It's like a mini tiki bar! Absolutely love it! View attachment 22607
[/QU

I should also mention I never start the engines till I have about 4 ft under them. Being able to use the back deck on these Yamaha's is such an incredible selling point to me. When we hang out at the sandbar everyone deserts their boat bc you can't really hangout at the bow of a boat. Our rear deck turns into the ultimate hangout spot with the umbrella we put up. It's like a mini tiki bar! Absolutely love it! View attachment 22607
[/QUOTE
Very awesome idea how! what is that device that is holding the umbrella?

That is the table base pole that came with the boat, the umbrella just stands in the pole.

awesome thanks! what year is your boat so i can find a part replacement on line?
Not my boat, I just answered for ya. @Trevor Shipman has 2006 AR 21.... but your 2008 sx came with the same table bases. Do you have the receiver/hole on your swim platform?

Not my boat, I just answered for ya. @Trevor Shipman has 2006 AR 21.... but your 2008 sx came with the same table bases. Do you have the receiver/hole on your swim platform?
no been researching since i saw this picture but i am going to add one. My table mount is like on the side mount. I have a 2012 212ss

no been researching since i saw this picture but i am going to add one. My table mount is like on the side mount. I have a 2012 212ss
Ahhhhh...got ya. You should update your profile as it says you have a 2008 SX 230.

I remember those poles were very expensive. Not even sure that you can install the base in your deck.

#21 and #34 in the HULL FITTINGS

My umbrella set up! We usually have a fair amount of wind so I have tie downs to the cleats….IMG_4130.jpeg

I stern to the beach all the time. Drop anchor, reverse, at about 3 feet cut the motors and let the momentum bring me closer. Then about 2 feet tie off front anchor, jump out the back with stern anchor and secure. You can also come in bow first. come in parralel to the shore, throw bow anchor out and have someone tend it tightly and creep/crab bow to shore. Jump out, turn boat around and secure the stern. I definitely wouldn't power that boat into less than 2' of water. a good indicator for me is about waste high at the stern before if have to adjust the boat for the tide ect. Nice boat by the way!

Back