• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My holeshot is more like a dribble

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A bit of an overstatement. It still comes out strong but not the way it used to when I could send people sliding down the seat to the back of the boat. Top speed is still all there, easy to break 50mph. Only 80 hours and recently serviced, runs smooth. Do I need to check the impellers?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A bit of an overstatement. It still comes out strong but not the way it used to when I could send people sliding down the seat to the back of the boat. Top speed is still all there, easy to break 50mph. Only 80 hours and recently serviced, runs smooth. Do I need to check the impellers?
Eihter that, or more likely cavitation due to missing sealant in the intake tunnel and/or between the pump segments and/or transom- transom plate. Impeller OD is also critical and when it gets out of wack you can have that kind of "slippage". You should not be able to slide a credit card between the impeller and the wear ring surface (SS liner).
Could you post some pics of the pump interior, if you can stick a phone in there through the intakes, cleanout ports, and peer through the steering nozzles.

--

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @swatski I will take some photos next weekend. I found many videos on inspecting and replacing impellers, not much about the sealant.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski , my photos are not the best, what do you think?E13CF369-6E6D-49DB-ADEF-38C14D029080.jpeg EBD72572-A414-4AE7-A588-283F14B07AA2.jpeg C719D595-4196-4CD5-B051-D255519D4A32.jpeg 64C11435-32D6-493B-9249-BAFEA030CF69.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good... from what can be seen. There is nothing obvious.
but if you are concerned, I would just pull the pumps and poke around, reseal anything where air can be sucked in - inside the tunnel and between the transom plate and the transom. Many times a gap will be tiny.

--

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks a million. The photo is poor but there is a chunk of sealant missing on the port tunnel, 3rd picture. Anything to be concerned about? I can try to get a better shot is needed.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
upload_2018-7-13_15-1-4.png

That could be an issue, hard to tell with the pic.

There is only one way to find out! Clean it out and redo with 5200 or marine tex or whatever you think will stick and hold!

--