• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My Shadow Caster LED Project... Update W/ Video

Durkis007

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey All... So I will start this new thread for my LED install.

After a little research, and reading some reviews, I decided on going with the Shadow Caster LED's

I went with a 10" for the center of the boat, and two 4" lights for the outsides. I really wanted the 6" for the outsides, but decided on the 4" for a little savings.
On the shadow caster website, they show a control box for their light, however after speaking with Earmark, decided that it wasn't truly necessary.

The hardest decision was how I would actually hook these things up. I went back and forth on bus bars, fuse busses, tapping into an existing circuit, relays, etc etc...

I decided to use a super compact Fuze Block FZ-1 fused with a built in relay. Basically a simplified easy to wire quick option. I found this device through numerous googles, and started going through a motorcycle forum threads and came across it. I must say it look clean and compact.

Ok now on to the install...

First it was an easy call where to put the lights, thanks to all of you that posted your pictures of previous installs. Drilling the holes was easy, drill in reverse and the ole blue tape to prevent cracks. Also, make sure you pop the clean out tray, it makes it easier, although the outside lights were a bit of a challenge getting some 4200 on the inside. I must say the hardest part of this install was the actual adhesion part. The 4200 was a messy and sticky process... Its still on my hands 48 hours later. Trying to be meticulous about getting the excess off the hull took time.

In the pictures you will see a simple toggle switch. This is temporary. I had ordered a custom made rocker switch panel from New Wire Marine, thanks to the recommendation of @Skysurfer2010. I will install this once it comes in, up near the drivers seat.

Here are some pictures of the finished install...
photo 01.JPG photo 02.JPG photo 03.JPG photo 04.JPG photo 05.JPG photo 06.JPG photo 07.JPG photo 08.JPG

Great install!

I am looking forward to pics of them in waster!

Great install!

I am looking forward to pics of them in waster!

Bruce... I'll post the money shots as soon as the rain stops and I get her in the water tomorrow. I cant wait to see how they look.

Looks good. Congrats

Here are the first on the water shots... The light didnt project as much as I thought it would. Our Jersey waters a dark though. I will have to take her out on a night drive to get some action shots.

photo 09.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Hey Guys..... Here is a video of the lights in action. Its a bit shaky, I was trying to drive and film at the same time.

Here are better shots. These are from earlier this week down in the Golden Nugget Atlantic City state marina. Its about a 2 hour ride from where we live. The water there is usually pretty clear as the large inlet is so close, its typically nice clear ocean water. Not as clear as you Florida guys, but its pretty clear for Jersey.IMG_2615.JPG IMG_2616.JPG

The tough part is bringing myself to drill into a new boat,lol.

Ah, the easy part is drilling the holes, all the work is gluing the lights to the boat, and all the wiring! Do it, you wont regret it!

That looks awesome! Very cool.

Looks good man. Love the Golden Nugget. Did you go across the bay to the brigantine Cove also. It is PACKED on weekends. I have 2 of the abyss lights. Not going to install until I take the boat out of the water which will probably be after the season for the winter.

Back