• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My trim tab review

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! Was debating about going with the auto model
You certainly can go with the auto, but I keep my retracted fully most of the time. When I am out in rough chop I deploy them as needed. 1-3' footers. I boat alot in lake st. clair and when I got to run 15-20 miles in that chop they really smooth things out a lot for passengers in the boat. When I am in calmer waters I retract them fully. Alot of the time I never use them, although you get a bit from them just being there. But when you need them they are fantastic.

JPINOT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's good to know since I will be using them in the bay and ICW down here in Texas

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I boat up on Lake Conroe, which has a lot of chop. So I usually run at 2 notches. When the chop gets heavy, I go to 3. Also in high wind, sometimes use them to even out the pull.

I debated the auto also, but went with the manual. Don't regret it a bit.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If people are on the boat and moving around auto is nice. I have friends that enjoy food, so when two go to one side it automatically levels out the boat. Priceless! Go with auto.
Awesome I ordered auto gets delivered today!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
How much moving about are you doing while underway that the auto matters for that purpose?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For anyone that did the install and used the MLC-1 controller go in and change the factory adjustments we have a short stroke actuator and the MLC needs to be matched up to this. I thought the trim tabs were super sensitive and maybe even over sized but after speaking with Russ from lectro tab he mentioned to change the setting. Now the deployment matches with the led display before it showed 2 or 3 led lights but it was fully deployed.

Copy of Manual Leveling Control Install Manual MLC-1 Oct 2017(1).jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For anyone that did the install and used the MLC-1 controller go in and change the factory adjustments we have a short stroke actuator and the MLC needs to be matched up to this. I thought the trim tabs were super sensitive and maybe even over sized but after speaking with Russ from lectro tab he mentioned to change the setting. Now the deployment matches with the led display before it showed 2 or 3 led lights but it was fully deployed.
Hmmm... Never even looked to check that. What setting did you put it to, ultimately?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think it was R1 fully deployed in 4 seconds