• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My week long mod scramble

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great job. I love it. Do you cut the roll of lights to the length you want and then splice in some type of connector? I dont understand these light ropes well.
Snap on connectors are available. I bought some but decided not to use them. They are quite a bit bigger than the strips themselves and were not water tight. There may be a water tight option. I simply soldered and shrink tubed mine. You can see the connection in various stages in https://jetboaters.net/threads/music-activated-rgb-led-cup-holders-for-60-less-than-10-per-cup-holder.7366/

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thats what I did. I just cut to length and soldered the wire on and used heat shrink and some hot glue to water proof it. Most of my parts came from amazon. The underwater lights I got from ebay, they were blemished and paid $50 a light. They are only 200 lum per, but do a good job. Ill probably get some A4 in the future, its hard finding red lights. This fall I plan on going re thru the wiring and cleaning some things up.

Maas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats what I did. I just cut to length and soldered the wire on and used heat shrink and some hot glue to water proof it. Most of my parts came from amazon. The underwater lights I got from ebay, they were blemished and paid $50 a light. They are only 200 lum per, but do a good job. Ill probably get some A4 in the future, its hard finding red lights. This fall I plan on going re thru the wiring and cleaning some things up.
Any special routes you wish you took for wiring. Does and do nots?

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

To Maas... Just make sure you have a good test light and a decent pencil tip solder iron. I ran all the wiring down both sides of the gunnels and thru the motor compartment. Having the service manual was nice to have.
Here is the parts for the underwater lights. This is tapped into the anchor light switch to supply power to the underwater light switch. From the switch I put in a 5amp fuse to the lights.

Ocean LED A3 Amphibian

Joyluxy® QN19C5 Latching Metal Push Button Switch 5A/250VAC 1NO1NC SPDT ON/OFF Industrial Car Switch with 5 Pins Suitable for 19mm 3/4" Mounting Hole

Sold by: Goldiger
$7.99

These are the quick connects I used. I put these in just in case I needed to take out the cubby or replace the button switch.

Ideal PowerPlug Orange Ballast Disconnect Discs (5-Pack)

Model # 30-1302S
$3.99 / package HOME DEPOT

Here the parts for the accent lighting. Cup holders or on the courtesy light switch on connext.

Black Plastic 50X 5mm LED Holder Car Boat Display Panel

Sold by: 123Zero
$6.10

Askformore 50pcs Mixed Colour 5mm LEDs Pre Wired Light 12V 20cm Bulb

Sold by: Shimtop
$8.80

Qty 10- LED Lights- 5mm pre wired 12 volt leds- 12V Red

Sold by: Eforstore
$8.55
2 of 20ga 25' Red/Black Hookup Wire 12V DC
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Add-on Item
$4.83
3 of 3M (38583) 1/4" x 15' Exterior Attachment Tape
$7.13
3 of SUPERNIGHT (TM) 16.4FT SMD 5050 Waterproof 300LEDs RGB Flexible LED Strip Light Lamp + 44Key IR Remote Controller
Sold by: eBestrade
$15.88 Only need 2, The IR remote sucks with these.

4 Color 10m RGB Extension Cable Line for LED Strip RGB 5050 3528 Cord 4pin

Sold by: HiDream
$7.30 should get 2

BINZET 3.5MM Audio Music Controller for RGB LED Strip Lights Touch Controller RF Sensitivety RF Remote Touching Color Dimmer LED Strip Music Controlle

Sold by: sinollc
$29.99

This for doing the storage compartments. I merged the courtesy lights into the tower lights on the connext and tapped the storage lights into the tower lights. When I turn on the tower lights all the White lights come on.

SUPERNIGHT (TM) 16.4 Ft Waterproof 300 SMD LED Flexible Strip with DC 12V Cool White LED Ribbon 5 Meter Reel

$9.68

Add-on Item
$4.83

This fall I will be putting lights in the glove boxes.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesone job!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The final result looks great and the write up is very informative.

Maas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To Maas... Just make sure you have a good test light and a decent pencil tip solder iron. I ran all the wiring down both sides of the gunnels and thru the motor compartment. Having the service manual was nice to have.
Here is the parts for the underwater lights. This is tapped into the anchor light switch to supply power to the underwater light switch. From the switch I put in a 5amp fuse to the lights.

Ocean LED A3 Amphibian

Joyluxy® QN19C5 Latching Metal Push Button Switch 5A/250VAC 1NO1NC SPDT ON/OFF Industrial Car Switch with 5 Pins Suitable for 19mm 3/4" Mounting Hole

$7.99

These are the quick connects I used. I put these in just in case I needed to take out the cubby or replace the button switch.

Model # 30-1302S

Here the parts for the accent lighting. Cup holders or on the courtesy light switch on connext.

$6.10

$8.80

$8.55
Add-on Item
$4.83
$7.13
3 of SUPERNIGHT (TM) 16.4FT SMD 5050 Waterproof 300LEDs RGB Flexible LED Strip Light Lamp + 44Key IR Remote Controller

$7.30 should get 2

BINZET 3.5MM Audio Music Controller for RGB LED Strip Lights Touch Controller RF Sensitivety RF Remote Touching Color Dimmer LED Strip Music Controlle

$29.99

This for doing the storage compartments. I merged the courtesy lights into the tower lights on the connext and tapped the storage lights into the tower lights. When I turn on the tower lights all the White lights come on.

SUPERNIGHT (TM) 16.4 Ft Waterproof 300 SMD LED Flexible Strip with DC 12V Cool White LED Ribbon 5 Meter Reel

$9.68

Add-on Item
$4.83

Thank you very much!!! Wish me luck!

Ocean LED A3 Amphibian

$7.99

Model # 30-1302S

$6.10

$8.80

$8.55
Add-on Item
$4.83
$7.13

$7.30 should get 2

$29.99

$9.68

Add-on Item
$4.83

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ocean LED A3 Amphibian

$7.99

Model # 30-1302S

$6.10

$8.80

$8.55
Add-on Item
$4.83
$7.13

$7.30 should get 2

$29.99

$9.68

Add-on Item
$4.83

Jade, this was awesome and very informative! I will be doing some blue LED's on a smaller scale this spring and since I'm not too electrical or tech savvy, I will most likely be reaching out to you for some guidance. I will be running some blue LED's to speakers, a few to storage compartments, some additional courtesy lights, and my three underwater Seablaze X lights.

Thanks bud!

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got it done!!! I didnt make my goal, but was able to take the boat out today and put back into the slip. Ill get some better pics this weekend when its out on the water. Mounted my wake light switch into the cubby. Worked out great. rope lights came out good also. It was pain, but not to bad. Next time I will tackle this size of a project in the spring or fall. It was WAY to freakin hot. I did end up drilling 4 holes to run the rope lights. I think all in all it added a nice accent for under $175
Looks awesome man...I love it!

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks all!! Now Im just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer so I can get out there and finish it all up.