• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My week long mod scramble

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My goal is to have my boat back in the water Saturday morning. I keep it in a slip and wanted to have my mods done before the 4th. Next week its supposed to be in the 100s topping out at 113 on the 4th. So this is the perfect week to try doing this after work.
Mod List:
LED lights in all cup holders
LED rope lights interior
Wake lights
Convert tower and courtesy lights to run off of one switch from conext.
Put in LED lights in all compartments

Started this last night.
Got six of the 14 cup holders out and got 4 wired
got wakelights installed. Not wired to switch yet.
Hopefully will be able to get all the cup holders wired and wire fished to the right spots.
More updates to come
FullSizeRender_2.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg FullSizeRender_4.jpg

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This has been one big pain in ass!!! Since I'm doing this after i get home, I only have about 3-4hrs A day to work on this project. It took me at least 2.5hrs and a whole lot of cuss words Tuesday to get the rest of cup holders out. The biggest pain was the cup holder on the helm. I assume they put everything on console and then install it the helm. There was silicone on the top and bottom of that pig. Today I got the starboard side wired, one cup holder in and the 2 storage lights in. I'm too fat to get in behind the helm to get the wires in there cleanly. Its not a hack job by no means, but these cock paws can only do so much..lol. Ill have to bribe one of the skinny guys at work to climb in there and clean it up. 3 days in, and I really haven't got a lot accomplished. Still need to run wires for the port side, wire up the rope lights, install 13 cup holders, run a 3.5mm audio jack to my led controller, wire up the wake lights and change over the switches. No problem!!! LOL

Last edited:

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
update2

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like you are going to be busy in the evenings!

So, what is inside the cupholders? It looks like just one light - or is it a strip inside there?

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes just one 5mm led in each cup holder. I did this to my last boat and it came out very nice. Not to bright, just right. image.jpg

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool! Great accent without having to drill into your boat!

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got the wire ran down the port side. Also was able to re wire the tower light switch to run the courtesy lights and the storage lights. The courtesy switch now turns on the cup holders. It will be a late night tomorrow, but I think it will be out on the water Saturday......maybe.
here's a couple of pics. I used white led strips cut down to about 9in from a left over 16ft strip that I used on my last boat and truck bed.
FullSizeRender(1).jpg IMG_2375.JPG IMG_2376.JPG

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got it done!!! I didnt make my goal, but was able to take the boat out today and put back into the slip. Ill get some better pics this weekend when its out on the water. Mounted my wake light switch into the cubby. Worked out great. rope lights came out good also. It was pain, but not to bad. Next time I will tackle this size of a project in the spring or fall. It was WAY to freakin hot. I did end up drilling 4 holes to run the rope lights. I think all in all it added a nice accent for under $175

Attachments

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I don't do enough night boating to warrant such a mod, the nice work you have done has me thinking about it. . . . .

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks awesome!

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! It was well worth the pain.

jareknyc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you take pic of the switches to control ur light, :) just wondering how it looks and your location

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are some pics of the wiring. I'll clean some of it up this fall, but for now it will work. The pic that shows my led controller you'll see the loose wires. Those are the stupid tweeter speakers that I disconnected.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got the boat out last night and was able to get some pics. I will definitely be getting some bigger wake lights. The a3 work good, but I just want a little more. Everything else was perfect. Love the look of the cup holders. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking good!

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks awesome. I have several rolls of lights that I need to break down and get in the floater!

Maas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did you buy your parts from?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great job. I love it. Do you cut the roll of lights to the length you want and then splice in some type of connector? I dont understand these light ropes well.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length