• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My wife can drive in no wake zone now!

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Loving our new 255, but my wife was frustrated has heck driving from our ramp to the non-no wake zone... 10 minute ride. This is our first jet boat and never experienced the difficulty of going slow.

I installed the Cobra steering last night and went out today. Man... What a difference. Going to make docking much easier too.

I did notice steering was a little heavier at higher speed, but no big deal and the improvement at low speed outweighs that.

I fall more in love with this boat every time I take it out.

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Loving our new 255, but my wife was frustrated has heck driving from our ramp to the non-no wake zone... 10 minute ride. This is our first jet boat and never experienced the difficulty of going slow.

I installed the Cobra steering last night and went out today. Man... What a difference. Going to make docking much easier too.

I did notice steering was a little heavier at higher speed, but no big deal and the improvement at low speed outweighs that.

Link? Nevermind I found it. Just a little rudder that goes on the nozzle

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
my GF refuses to even try... wimp

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My wife tried once and about 3 full circles in a 5 minute span... she was done. Had no problems today.
Haha my wife did the same at the marina with boats on both sites.

Add all the "whhhaaaatttt!!, woooooo!!, stttoooopppp!!, waittttt!!, what the....!!"

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well it's like I have said for the past 15 years " if you don't have a smile on your face when you are driving your jet boat, YOU DON'T have COBRA JET STEERING"

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Add the Fangs and the heaviness at higher speeds go away as well-

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is for the Yamaha jet boats, the sea doo 4 tec systems are very small as they were designed specifically for the sea doo pumps and engines with the heat exchange ride plates. That system is also compatible with the twin engine sea doo setups regardless of what name is on the boat it's still a sea doo design.
The feel in the wheel is feedback similar to a regular boat, you feel what is going on because you are now connected to the water.
Each fin has only about 4 square inches of contact surface touching the water when the boat is up on plane, That is all you need for that style of hull and pump.
At idle the entire fin is back in the water, just by using the hull 's position to increase or decrease the amount of influence.
The fins are also only about 1 inch below the ride plate so contacting the ground when anchored is not a worry. Nor do these contact the reverse bucket , they work within the area between the reverse and the ride plate, this also confines them and keeps them away from swimmers feet etc.
Different boats need different steering assistance so as we keep making larger fins for the Yamaha boats we have actually sized down the 4 tec sets because they don't have the same needs.
Another important point of interest about the system is that it does not cause water to spray up behind the boat at any speed either. It goes back to my original designs keep it simple and effective.

Last edited:

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm seriously considering upgrading to a 24', that's why I am holding off on fangs.

We'll see, I plan on going to a local boat show this year (buffalo NY) and we'll see if yamaha has any enticing deals....

I still hope they come out with a 26', who says they can't stick 3 engines in?

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That is for the Yamaha jet boats, the sea doo 4 tec systems are very small as they were designed specifically for the sea doo pumps and engines with the heat exchange ride plates. That system is also compatible with the twin engine sea doo setups regardless of what name is on the boat it's still a sea doo design.
The feel in the wheel is feedback similar to a regular boat, you feel what is going on because you are now connected to the water.
Each fin has only about 4 square inches of contact surface touching the water when the boat is up on plane, That is all you need for that style of hull and pump.
At idle the entire fin is back in the water, just by using the hull 's position to increase or decrease the amount of influence.
The fins are also only about 1 inch below the ride plate so contacting the ground when anchored is not a worry. Nor do these contact the reverse bucket , they work within the area between the reverse and the ride plate, this also confines them and keeps them away from swimmers feet etc.
Different boats need different steering assistance so as we keep making larger fins for the Yamaha boats we have actually sized down the 4 tec sets because they don't have the same needs.
well said...But I find it very easy to maneuver at any speed in my Scarab. Especially with the new throttle system