• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Nauticus Smart Tabs

Gap22

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed these Friday on my 2022 AR 190. My wife said she would kick my ass if I removed them. Unbelievable smooth ride in pretty solid chop. No spray, no porpoising. Real game changer. Shout out to Thefshdude

You know the rule. No pictures? It doesn’t exist!

I know. I was going to when I got back but I had to start a fantasy football draft at 7

I put them on my FSH 210 and the difference is dramatic….was out today in 1 to 2 foot chop able to go 30 plus mph and be very comfortable….best mod I’ve done period.

Yeah, I went full throttle in decent chop and we didn't feel a thing

Had to look them up would be very curious to see how its installed the actuater or piston looks very long the website has a lot of photos but non mounted on the Yamaha hull. Below is a Bayliner hull I have the lectrotab and use them almost every trip to adjust the roll of the boat or to get a smoother ride in choppy water, even a quick adjust as you come up to boat wake

2006-Bayliner-175.jpg

Mine are closer to the center line. They wouldn't fit correctly that far out. Instructions say no closer than 10 inches from the center line, so I wen as far from there as I could, and I had plenty of room. My boat only gas one jet, so I can't speak for the bigger boats. This link is a Yamaha owner that helped with some design I think. Anyway, he has some videos on his youtube channel. YouTube@THEFSHDUDE/videos I will post pics soon. Gotta run to the shed to take them.

Installed these Friday on my 2022 AR 190. My wife said she would kick my ass if I removed them. Unbelievable smooth ride in pretty solid chop. No spray, no porpoising. Real game changer. Shout out to Thefshdude
How did it affect top speed? Really curious to see the results. I liked them a LOT on my Rinker, but was shot down early in the ownership experience with the Yamaha. I've considered them a few times since then, but never really got serious about it. I think I can count on one hand the number of Yamaha's I've heard of using them and I never really get good feedback on them.

I had these on my '98 Rinker and they worked exactly as advertised. Planing speed was reduced, time to plane was reduced. Top speed was virtually unaffected, and the ride was smoother in every instance.

The downside was that the wake was completely destroyed. The "lip" was soft and almost non-existent. I put a set of the "trolling brackets" from nauticus on my installation, but mounted them upside down so that I could "retract" the tabs. Made it like they weren't even there.

"Deployed"
1693854734952.png

1693854792713.png

"Retracted"
1693854757723.png

1693854815181.png

If anything, it was a bit faster. Mine are located about where those are in your pics. The wake is not destroyed, but they do create a little spray (not much). The difference in wake is more noticeable at 10 mph or less. I'll try to video it next weekend. @THEFSHDUDE has video of it on his Fsh 210.

Placement. 5 mph, 10 mph, 25 mph, and wot

These sound interesting.......any thoughts on if they would play nicely with Cobra Jets on a twin engine boat? Not sure if the tabs could have some effect on the turning characteristics since they would be fairly close together?

I have thrust vectors. No idea about interacting with Cobras but don't affect mine negatively. If anything it positive

I like that they have an optional retractable mount. Thanks for posting the photos

All the stock photos show that boot fully extended yours looks like its retracted. Is that shock adjustable ? some pictures of the shock would be great and info about the install

Mine are extended. They are shorter because they are made for a smaller boat. You can adjust them. There are 5 positions. Mine is in the middle, which is where they recommend you start.

So I have a 195 and was able to install them further apart, but I had to order a different set. I am thinking about grabbing a different shock weight(stiffer) as mine seem to lift up too easy. The original set spec'd for my boat had a stiffer strut (80#) vs the 70# they sent me. I have mine in the middle position and they help, but could help more, so I'll probably adjust them. Also, I did notice a slight decrease in top speed.

All the stock photos show that boot fully extended yours looks like its retracted. Is that shock adjustable ? some pictures of the shock would be great and info about the install
I'll get better photos next weekend. The install was simple once you figure out location. I put one together off the boat and played around with location. After that, it was simply marking the holes to drill and doing that. The screws go in with some sealant and a screwdriver. The worst part for me was drilling the first hole. Scares the crap out of me. Took less than an hour to do.

Back