• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nauticus Trim Tabs

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anybody tried the Nauticus Trim tabs on a larger Jetboat...23-25 foot. The reviews seem good for stern drives, and they are simple to install and relatively inexpensive...but not sure how they work with a jet boat.

Thanks

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wondering the same thing!
I had Smart Tabs installed on a 18ft outboard ski boat and they worked AMAZING.
It felt like instantly adding a couple of feet of length to the boat, I really can not overstate it. The flex force can be adjusted and they come in different sizes. I came very close to trying them out on my SX190 but never got to it.
I bet you they would be pretty awesome. My only reservation is potentially producing more jet wash, which would not be great for water sports.

--

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the Volvo tabs. The tech who put them on for me is a Yamaha mechanic who does this type of stuff for a living. He got up under it and looked at the angles of the underside of the boat and he was saying that there would be very little room for the arms to articulate as needed for the conventional tabs to work effectively. The Volvos work well but they do not have the ability to raise the front of the boat like conventional trim tabs would. They also have a self-leveling feature that keeps the boat level as you go except for in turns.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Volvo tabs. The tech who put them on for me is a Yamaha mechanic who does this type of stuff for a living. He got up under it and looked at the angles of the underside of the boat and he was saying that there would be very little room for the arms to articulate as needed for the conventional tabs to work effectively. The Volvos work well but they do not have the ability to raise the front of the boat like conventional trim tabs would. They also have a self-leveling feature that keeps the boat level as you go except for in turns.
Those are probably the safest design/solution for that hull!
@Bruce has lectrotabs https://jetboaters.net/threads/lectrotab-trim-tabs.71/
@1948Isaac installed lencos https://jetboaters.net/threads/miami-to-exumas.10013/page-9#post-186428
@Glassman I believe was the first, and he does have Bennetts.

--