• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Navigation/anchor/coutesy light issue

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
In working through everything on our new 192, I have found that my navigation and anchor light are not working. It's under warranty, but I hate to drag it in for something that is probably so minor.

With the battery on, you can press on the courtesy light switch and the navigation switch (both ways) and you get nothing. The horn does work.

I checked the anchor light bulb and the filament is in tact (I did not check the nav light bulb yet...brain fart at the time). The switches don't even light, but the circuit breakers are not popped so I assume the are not getting any power. I checked the 20 amp fuse adjacent to the battery that I assumed was the accessories fuse even thought I was thinking that if it was blown the horn wouldn't work. It is also in tact.

I'll probably (after checking the nav light bulb) dig into the dash next, but thought I'd see if anyone had any other ideas.

Thanks in advance!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check for power going to and from the switch and breaker with a test light. That should show you where you're losing power or if it's a bad bulb, socket, etc. On mine, I believe power is jumped from breaker to breaker. So it's possible that one of those jumper wires is the culprit too.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Agree with @itsdgm. Supposedly, these breakers are common. My blower motor breaker went out. Theyre cheap, I bought a few for spares.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wow...that was quick. I'm sure when I get in the dash it will be evident, I just didn't want to waste my time if there was some switch somewhere that I wasn't aware of. Thanks!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not familiar with the 192 dash. Can you remove screws and pull that switch panel out of the dash? If so that would be the easiest way to troubleshoot.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I can. Thanks.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have a multi meter or test light I would start by checking for voltage at the breakers.

On my SX230 many if not all of the circuits have the positive fed through the breaker and the negative through the switch.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But I think it is likely that you will find that wire is loose once you remove the panel.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I bet you are right. If I have time, I'll check tonight. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't chasing my tail when there was simply a fuse I was unaware of. Thanks again. I'll post up the outcome.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Good luck. I'm betting on a loose wire. I think the in-line fuse you found on the 182 is just for the stereo and 12v outlet. The rest are on breakers below their switch.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have the lights worked previously? Or is this the first time you've noticed? I agree with the above. Plus, I highly doubt all navigation lights would blow out at the same time.

Isn't this the boat you bought from @JetBoatPilot ? If so, I'm sure he could tell you off the top of his head what it might be. Maybe something wasn't hooked back up while they were modding the boat out? I don't know.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Probably worth checking on. Of course, this is not the only boat they have so he might not remember. Unfortunately I was too busy to look at it this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Agree with @itsdgm. Supposedly, these breakers are common. My blower motor breaker went out. Theyre cheap, I bought a few for spares.
Finally had time to check last night...bad breakers. gonna order two replacements today and two spares. Thanks for the help!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome. Glad you figured it out.