• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Need a little advice 2005 sx230 vs 2011 Ar210

Newbee76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello,
I need a little advice on which way to go. We’ve are definitely going with a Yamaha…problem is which one. The first option is a 2011 AR210 and the second is a 2005 Sx230 HO. The sx 230 is currently owned by a friend. He is the original owner. It has been in both salt and fresh. He has maintained it very well. I don’t believe he knows the actual hours. Potential price is 19k. The second option is a 2011 Ar 210 for an original owner they state the hours are about 65 hours. Always fresh water. Potential price is 25k
My wife and I are just starting out and want to know what the pros and cons are with the models and any major differences?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you!!

Heh, very different boats to compare … both are great prices - wow. Interesting - We actually had the exact same choice and went with AR210 (2009).

Why:
Overall size was “right fit”. Tow weight and parking size (AR210 fit our family, lifestyle and needs/wants for current vehicle and parks for free snuggly next to home).

AR: family wanted to board. Without tower is a different tow. So I factored aftermarket tower…. And went AR-model.

Fresh water: looked deep into many of these older boats (our budget dictated that age-range)… and the wear and tear inside and out put fresh on top. Salt is not the end of the world, but must be considered and carefully inspected (at least pull thermostat and anodes to get an idea of what’s happening in the cooling system, look at wear rings, etc). Definitely get YDIS and read the engines log data as well as hours (no matter what).

Layout: AR felt a little more open for passengers (only because the older 230 was just the older layout), so we liked the AR210.
…. We (kids and Admiral) do miss the “head” compartment that the 230 offers. The 210 is definitely smaller for storage and the puzzling floor lockers that fits no ski or board??? No wash down (project underway).

Don’t forget the trailer make and condition of all its critical components?? had to walk away from an ok boat that had a falling apart trailer (good price… but the condition was also an unsettling warning about the general care and maintenance the owner showed), getting a trailer in a hurry was a hurtle and price too high.

Overall - looked at a bunch of boats and it basically came down to best condition in the budget. Definitely spend the time and money on marine survey/inspection, wet test, etc. Pray on it, and get what fits all your “requirements” and makes you happy.

Heh, very different boats to compare … both are great prices - wow. Interesting - We actually had the exact same choice and went with AR210 (2009).

Why:
Overall size was “right fit”. Tow weight and parking size (AR210 fit our family, lifestyle and needs/wants for current vehicle and parks for free snuggly next to home).

AR: family wanted to board. Without tower is a different tow. So I factored aftermarket tower…. And went AR-model.

Fresh water: looked deep into many of these older boats (our budget dictated that age-range)… and the wear and tear inside and out put fresh on top. Salt is not the end of the world, but must be considered and carefully inspected (at least pull thermostat and anodes to get an idea of what’s happening in the cooling system, look at wear rings, etc). Definitely get YDIS and read the engines log data as well as hours (no matter what).

Layout: AR felt a little more open for passengers (only because the older 230 was just the older layout), so we liked the AR210.
…. We (kids and Admiral) do miss the “head” compartment that the 230 offers. The 210 is definitely smaller for storage and the puzzling floor lockers that fits no ski or board??? No wash down (project underway).

Don’t forget the trailer make and condition of all its critical components?? had to walk away from an ok boat that had a falling apart trailer (good price… but the condition was also an unsettling warning about the general care and maintenance the owner showed), getting a trailer in a hurry was a hurtle and price too high.

Overall - looked at a bunch of boats and it basically came down to best condition in the budget. Definitely spend the time and money on marine survey/inspection, wet test, etc. Pray on it, and get what fits all your “requirements” and makes you happy.

Dfred,
Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your thoughts also gave me some other things to think about. I will definitely ydis to dig to help with the decision.
the sx230 comes with a newer galvanized steel trailer vs the ar210 comes with original aluminum trailer.
thank you again!!!

Back