• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a little help

Rickson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2015 Yamaha SX 190 last week. It is my first boat and after a full week of rain here in Tampa, I finally got a chance to take it out. Everything went better than I thought it would in great part due to the launch and retrieval information I got from this site.

When I got home and was flushing my engine nothing was coming out of the pee hole. Water was running out under the jets in the back and I never got any temperature warning, but after about two minutes I got nervous that I might be damaging the engine. Is it normal not to get water out of the pee hole? I was doing it at idle so I don't know if that played a role. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It all depends on the water pressure you are getting from your water hose. Some pee, some don't, on the hose.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Not sure, but I think you will only get water out of the pisser if the thermostat is closed. When I flush mine, it seems to all go out the thermostat hose. Clamp the hose on back of engine coming from thermostat to flush oil cooler.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine Pees when I flush... Sorry I know it sounds like TMI.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine never pees. Depends on your home water pressure.

Rickson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for your replies! That makes me feel much better.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine pees when doing one engine but doesn't when I do both at the same time with a splitter. We have ridiculous water pressure. I've left the hose on to come home and find it blew the end of the hose clean off with the sprayer nozzle and a flooded yard.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yeah, it all depends on your local water pressure. Excess pressure goes out through the pee hole, if not only out the back.
perfectly normal. Don't forget that engine must be on before you connect the water, and disconnect the water before you shut off the engine. You also need to rev it for 5-10s or so at 4-6k rpms to get rid of any water in the exhaust after you shut off the water.

Top Bottom