• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a name for the new vessel!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats Mel! Wish I could give you a hard time about it taking so long. But, that would not be cool since I have never named my boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ya'll can give me a hard time, it is deserved. Too busy these days and didn't intend to have another one this soon. So it goes...gotta love these boats, this forum, and the membership...always a hand when you need it! If I had just gone with my first thought it would have been done, but wanted input and I got it! Thanks again to all you guys and gals!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats Mel! I love the new name, it think it fits both you and the boat perfectly. Job well done!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
For those that don't know, Danny and Cheryl keep in touch with us, and us with them. They have offered to change the name of the Dawg, so that we might keep the name. Just couldn't do JT to them or the boats. They liked it and I had to move on. It was hard but I really like "the wild blue yonder". I spend my life up there, so the "Blue Yonder" seemed appropriate...it was just a round about way of accepting that. Thanks for your input Cheryl, and your offer. You guys are great!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Coming from someone who flies a lot as well, though not as much as you - and not in the real first class seat like you do (I'm usually in rows 1-4 though)... I always thought a boat name like "Two Screws" or "Initial Descent" would be nice. "Horizon Chaser" also was a name I had thought of. "Blue Yonder" is pretty close, and it's a simple name that rolls easy off the tongue.

I've never named a boat, since none of mine have been large enough to need it but like many I have thought about the names I would chose.

On that note, the wifi's about to cut off as we just started initial descent. :).

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was hoping that when I saw the alert that Mel had finally named the boat. Congrats Mel @txav8r ... Now... who was it that won the lottery for the name suggestion? I lost track... oh wait... it appears that it was a Mel original, with a little prodding from @Gym.

I can't wait to see pics of the christened vessel!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think there are a few staple threads as far as I (we) am concerned, pets on the boat, gatherings, and name threads all seem to garner much participation. Not
to mention mods, Bimini, and Powell. While it doesn't jump out as the single person that helped name the boat, it certainly was a group participation. Without all if your input, I may not have ever decided! I will put in a plug for my sister in law too, several folks, including her, helped to occupy my return from Oklahoma with the boat when I bought it. No texting and driving...I was dictating to SIRI! But @farrelltravis and @Julian conversed for a few hours on that road trip as well. But Cristina has helped in the naming of one of our previous pets and actually chose his name...Skeeter. So I give some of the credit to her and to all of you too! Never second guess...but sitting here, another name pops into my head...Wander Yonder. Maybe I should have saved that one for the next naming thread! Who's next?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will back up Mel that he wasn't texting and driving. I can't remember everything, but there were a few "autocorrects" that were kinda funny.

Glad you got her named! As far as I know, in our group here on JetBoaters.net, you and I are the only ones that got our boats from Dick Lanes. I haven't heard of any others that got their boats from them.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Quick!!!!.....Close this thread before Mel changes his mind!!! LOL:winkingthumbsup"

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very cool Mel! Congrats.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That was the easiest set of numbers or name I ever installed! Took about 15 minutes. Looks nice and matches the boat well I think. If only settling on a name had been so fast! Thanks for all y'all's help and patience!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I even have just enough room for a couple of JL MX650's on either side of the name!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the font and color! Perfect!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great Mel! Glad you got them on!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @farrelltravis It was a breeze and I got lucky on the length. With such a short name really, I didn't consider the length too much. I have always plugged fast signs in Denton. Don't use them. It is very hard to get them to deliver on anything they say. I have even spoke with the owner and it was cleared up that time on the TX numbers finally. But just like that time, promise of a proof time came and went...twice. Then not ready at pickup time either. Also promised two sets of the name and only one printed. Gonna have to find a better place in the future.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I still owned my sign company, I could have helped you out. Regardless of the problems getting the lettering, they really do look nice!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think so too, thanks. I have them doing jetboaters.net and txav8r, just like I had on the Dawg too, same font but lower case and only 1" tall. I sure do wish you did have the sign company!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I did have the sign company, that took up my evenings. Now, I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy. So, no need for that business any more. Some times I miss having the ability to make things. However, I have never once missed the responsibility, etc.