• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a name for the new vessel!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hey Mel, whereas your new boat is so much quieter how bout Hush Puppy?
I wouldn't exactly say it is "so much quieter"...but it is quieter by our perception.

That's a good one Gary @Boat Crazy .

How about
Chillin' Blue
Blue Chill
Chill Pill
Time Off
My Time
Naut Work

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Did we ever say ?
Blue By You

Reactions: Gym

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That one is cool. Has many meanings.
Yeah, Clara and I were talking about names last night and I had her reading this thread. @DawgDaze had recommended Blue Bayou, but that one might draw different images than it would serve for us. But it is a nice name. We were playing word games and twists with the suggested names and I twisted Blue Bayou into Blew By You and back to Blue By You to cover the boat color, although that isn't a great importance. Still has many meanings doesn't it?

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r You know the best place to figure out the name of your new vessel will be when your not thinking about it one day out on said boat, enjoying a relaxing day..it will just spring on you both. But you knew that already..

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It DOES have many meanings and it makes sense with the color.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"Thrust Issue"

LOL I might have to steal this or used Thrust Me.

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@txav8r You know the best place to figure out the name of your new vessel will be when your not thinking about it one day out on said boat, enjoying a relaxing day..it will just spring on you both. But you knew that already..
Your absolutely right, and that is what Clara says. She always says, "give it a year". :( No way I want to go a year without a name. She wasn't all that keen to the idea of the old boat name, but it grew on us.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Layover

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine has three words, and it's a challenge getting the letters to fit, but it works if the first two words or the last two words are shorter. I wish I'd centered the last word on the right side, but you can see what I mean from my signature.

I'm of the opinion that no one else can name your boat but you, no matter how much you try and how many suggestions you get. We came up with ours after about three months of talking about it and hundreds of names. It was easier naming our children. :')

You'll know the right name when you hear it...good luck!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Mine has three words, and it's a challenge getting the letters to fit, but it works if the first two words or the last two words are shorter. I wish I'd centered the last word on the right side, but you can see what I mean from my signature.

I'm of the opinion that no one else can name your boat but you, no matter how much you try and how many suggestions you get. We came up with ours after about three months of talking about it and hundreds of names. It was easier naming our children. :')

You'll know the right name when you hear it...good luck!
I agree with you on no name fitting except for one you choose...but...all the extra names that get thrown out help generate ideas in your head and it makes it easier, so throwing some names out there helps too!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Blue Moons

image.jpg

Stacey in SC

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I really like one of her suggestions, though....Naut on Call. But we are back to the three word issue....

It's funny about the cerulean reference. ;) I love all metaphors related to sky, so trying to help name a pilots boat is extra fun. Thinking about all the time in the sky ( you know I am not a pilot but I'm about 3/4 of a million miles in as a passenger)....always brings me back to my favorite speech ever. Ronnie and the Challenger. Finer words....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I thought of this one back on page 1. It is catchy, and clever, get to keep Dawg theme for Chester, but different than the Nauti Dawg. And plays that it is the blue version of the dawg. But also, the Neil Diamond song, Song Sung Blue, is about letting the music put a smile on your face. That theme imparts here, to let Chester and the boat, put a smile on your face...
Dawg Sung Blue
It is 3 words but they flow well, can still call it the dawg, or dawg sung blue for formal. FWIW...I am not a big Neil Diamond fan, but the guy can write and sing, not my favorite, but I have some of his stuff on my pod, including Song Sung Blue. This isn't about the song, it is about the boat, the dog, and what makes us happy. Haven't run this past Clara yet.
I could draw a similar analogy from
Blue Angel
Drawing from my time "in the blue", and her heart and soul to bring those near death, a peaceful journey, her patients call her an angel. And like the song, even though the name suggests another tack, I was not in the Air Force. Which would be the same with
Blue Yonder
As it comes from the Air Force theme song, with the words..."Off we go, into the wild blue yonder". But I am a pilot, and have shared the same moments of awe and wonder, at the things I have seen from that lofty perch.

This is getting way too deep...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
An example, what do you think?
dawg sung blue 2.JPG
Will have to work on font and color of course, no matter what name we select...

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got one for you...Dawg Gone Blue

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @Jim Robeson ! If not, it leads me to similar.
Dawg Bark Blue
Dawg Bone Blue
Dawg Bight Blue
Dawg Come Blue
Dawg Dare Blue
Dawg Den Blue
Dawg Done Blue
Dawg Don't Blue
Dawg Dunk Blue
Dawg Feel Blue
Dawg Fly Blue
Dawg Fun Blue