• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

need a new ladder

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our SX210 stern ladder angles in toward the transom making it difficult to use.

Rather than tweak this one I'd rather replace it with a better ladder.

Any suggestions?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It should have a lifetime warranty through windline. If you're interested in just replacing it, Look them up online and give them a call. I believe that they're in Gardena, CA.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jdonalds I got my dad to put the new 240 series ladder on his 232. It was a direct replacement and has made a huge difference for them. He and my mom have bad knees and pointed out how easy my ladder was to use compared to theirs and my old one. The new ladder does not angle in and has a deeper step. I highly recommend this simple fix.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
John, after climbing them with leverage, it tends to bend the ladder in time. Mine did it too. Windline did an overhaul on my ladder for the cost of me shipping it to them. The new one was once again at the right angle. After that, I was more aware of leaning back and climbing, which pushes and bends the ladder. I considered the 4 step ladder too that Jaws mentions, but I was concerned that it might add additional leverage with the extra step. But that extra step would make it SO much easier to get up and down I think. Had I been able to exchange or get a trade-in, I would have done it, but I think it was $179 for the 4 step ladder. I said to myself..."self, free vs $179?"...and free yelled louder!:woot:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I sent mine in to WindLine under warranty and they replaced it for free. And, I am not the original owner.:winkingthumbsup"

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From all of the responses it seems wise to contact WindLine. I'll do that tomorrow. The main reason mine is bent is I backed up to the shore with the ladder down. I did some work to tweak it a bit last year. It works okay for me but my wife complains. She isn't the biggest boat person so it's important to get this fixed so she will feel better about going on the boat.

Thanks all. I knew I could count on the community.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for posting guys. My ladder is sticking, I was going to buy a replacement but now I'll try calling Windline first. This may have saved me the cost of the replacement.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sent an email to Windline. According to their online warranty information their lifetime warranty only applies to original owners. We'll see how this comes out. The 3 step slide telescoping ladders only cost $185 so I won't be too bummed if I have to buy a new one.

I can see that all I'd have to do is cut off the end of the to of the ladder and drill new holes to make it work. I might just do that if Windline won't fix it for free.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is what I did, I am not the original owner of this boat.

My factory ladder got bent and needed to be replaced. Instead of ordering the factory replacement, I ordered a generic ladder from Windline, the manufacture of the factory ladder. The generic ladder was $189 delivered compared to the factory ladder $240 plus shipping. The generic ladder fits in the factory mounting holes, is longer which makes it easier for adults to climb and the angle is away from the boat inside of straight down or angle back towards the boat.

We have used new ladder many times since it has been installed and it is much easier to use than factory ladder.

On the truck tail gate, the factory ladder is on the left and the new generic Windline ladder is on the right. The new model # is SM-3XOC and here is the website, https://windline.com/index.php?act=viewdetails&mod=182

The pictures did not stick, I will attempt to add them again.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

My factory ladder got bent and needed to be replaced. Instead of ordering the factory replacement, I ordered a generic ladder from Windline, the manufacture of the factory ladder. The generic ladder was $189 delivered compared to the factory ladder $240 plus shipping. The generic ladder fits in the factory mounting holes, is longer which makes it easier for adults to climb and the angle is away from the boat inside of straight down or angle back towards the boat.

We have used new ladder many times since it has been installed and it is much easier to use than factory ladder.

On the truck tail gate, the factory ladder is on the left and the new generic Windline ladder is on the right. The new model # is SM-3XOC and here is the website, https://windline.com/index.php?act=viewdetails&mod=182

Is there a difference between the OEM ladder and the Windline generic?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, the generic is longer and angles out away from the transome more. If I can get my head out of my @22 I will post some pictures.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Finally got my head out of my @ss and figured out how to post pictures (needing a good source was my problem).

Factory ladder is on the left. You can see the generic ladder is longer and the rungs are spaced farther apart, both items make it much easier for adults to use.

Generic ladder is the one that angles farther away from the truck tailgate. With this ladder there is no more the feeling that you are going under the boat when loading.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Andy. Very interesting. If I can't get my ladder fixed inexpensively I'll think about the generic Windline.

Windline sent back an email today asking for photos which I did send.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks Andy, pictures says everything, great tip

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've had an email exchange with Windline. I'm shipping my ladder to them. This is the kind of service that will bring me back as a customer.

Hi John,

I think the safest bet here would be to send in the ladder for warranty repair. We will either fix or replace the worn ladder and get you one in top shape. It usually takes about 2 weeks for us to inspect, repair, and ship out. If this works for you let me know and i will issue a return number and get the process started.

All the best,
Windline

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be contacting them about my sticking ladder before the end of this week. I wouldn't mind not having to spend up to $200 for a new one. John's post gives me hope that my claim won't just start and end on the first contact.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. I found out years ago how well they stand behind their product/warranty.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I bent mine within the 1st month of owning it, left it down while backing down the ramp. Now its a bitch to get back up when you deploy it. I was concerned about removal and replacement of the unit. Was that a difficult thing?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bent mine within the 1st month of owning it, left it down while backing down the ramp. Now its a bitch to get back up when you deploy it. I was concerned about removal and replacement of the unit. Was that a difficult thing?
On my 2007, it was extremely easy to replace. There are four easily accessible bolts (the nuts are mount in the fiberglass) that hold the ladder in place. Change out should take less than 5 minutes.