• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Need advice on Prepping for the Season

Get the guides then. I liked the CE Smith guides vs. the veves because the LED light on post top made things much easier for me. But they are as beefy as the veves.

They are as beefy? Or aren't? I have seen a few posts that claim they aren't quite as beefy.

No, they are not as beefy. But they have better lighting. I had a second chance with the new boat. I bought CE Smith guides a second time. Consider this...if something had to give and bend, what do you want to do it? The boat, or the guide?

No, they are not as beefy. But they have better lighting. I had a second chance with the new boat. I bought CE Smith guides a second time. Consider this...if something had to give and bend, what do you want to do it? The boat, or the guide?

Touche . . . . . While we're on the subject of trailer parts, anyone ever have any experience with these

http://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Trailer-Parts/Dutton-Lainson/DL21741.html

DL21741_1000.jpg

No, but I think rollers would be an upgrade if you get the same square inches of support.

Glad I waited to buy these. . . . . . Got two brand new ones on delivery day :winkingthumbsup"

@0627Devildog , I forgot to mention the other day when you were asking about fenders for rafting, I have this big folding fender I bought for a trip up to Shasta one year. It worked great, I tied it to the houseboat where I side tied the Yamaha.
p674586p275w.jpg

They come in different sizes, this one's 7 1/2 ' long.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/prod...2&cpncode=34-178609022-2&srccode=cii_22032207

Touche . . . . . While we're on the subject of trailer parts, anyone ever have any experience with these

http://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Trailer-Parts/Dutton-Lainson/DL21741.html

/QUOTE]
I gave a better look at those rollers. I like the idea of less friction and a rolling surface, but I am not sure there is enough clearance between the frame those rollers are mounted to and the boat. EZ Loader trailers has a floating and oscilating setup that looks pretty good.

I would recommend a battery jump starter pack. I have one with a flashlight, compressor, AC and DC outlets. Very useful in my opinion.

I love/hate these kind of threads. Love to see all the great ideas and cool tools to have. Hate to see the credit card statement at the end of the month. LoL

Back