• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need advice

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMHO, go test drive both. At the very least you get two free days on the lake ;) But that would at least give you a point of reference as to what the level of "noisy" is in the 212 and what the power is in the 210. Good luck with your decision.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMHO, go test drive both. At the very least you get two free days on the lake ;) But that would at least give you a point of reference as to what the level of "noisy" is in the 212 and what the power is in the 210. Good luck with your decision.
Free day? How are those test drives conducted? You and the salesman go out for a bit, or you take your time out there? It just doesn't seem like the 2017 sx210 will not be a fun as the 2016 212x.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any takers? I'm at the dealer as we speak. This is a really nice boat. Does anyone know if this can fit into a regular house garage? The door is 9 feet wide. Is this boat a good deal for 47k. Only tax and motor vehicle fees on top of that, also doesn't come with the cover. Should I haggle for it? Thanks for the help. Oops, one last thing, the dealer will store it until next season for free.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Haggle for the cover and take it! The boat on the trailer is 8.5 wide. It'll be snug, but it'll go. What about your garage height?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You need a cover for sure! Maybe even try to negotiate partial price.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any takers? I'm at the dealer as we speak. This is a really nice boat. Does anyone know if this can fit into a regular house garage? The door is 9 feet wide. Is this boat a good deal for 47k. Only tax and motor vehicle fees on top of that, also doesn't come with the cover. Should I haggle for it? Thanks for the help. Oops, one last thing, the dealer will store it until next season for free.
Have them throw in the mooring cover. Worry about the garage later.....LOL If there is a will there is a way!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The width of the boat should be closer to 8'6" so it should fit that way. But Dont forget to measure length and height of both the garage and the boat too. ;)

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Haggle for the cover and take it! The boat on the trailer is 8.5 wide. It'll be snug, but it'll go. What about your garage height?
Not sure about the height. We are buying a new house and I only measured the width. My current house has a garage that measures 7x7. So I'm assuming that the other house is at least 9x7. Will it fit height wise?

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Have them throw in the mooring cover. Worry about the garage later.....LOL If there is a will there is a way!
Does 47,300 seem like a fair price to you? I'm the worst haggler in the world.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The width of the boat should be closer to 8'6" so it should fit that way. But Dont forget to measure length and height of both the garage and the boat too. ;)
We measure the width. You're on the money, 8'6". What do you think of the price? $47,300 !!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not real sure. You may have to do the caster mod on the trailer and push it in by hand or rig up an electronic winch like a few of the other members have done in their garage. If it's not too late in the build process, have the header of the garage raised another foot and you're golden.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We measure the width. You're on the money, 8'6". What do you think of the price? $47,300 !!
Price is certainly reasonable. I wouldn't call it a blow out but not bad certainly.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'd pull the trigger.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't shopped for a boat in almost 10 years. So I don't really have any advice to offer regarding the price. Sorry I can't help you there.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You will need a 9' high door to get the boat in with the tower folded. The salesman will tell you 8'. Get it in writing if they tell you 8' will work. Most overhead doors are only 7'.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You will need a 9' high door to get the boat in with the tower folded. The salesman will tell you 8'. Get it in writing if they tell you 8' will work. Most overhead doors are only 7'.
Oh man. That sucks. I was looking forward to storing it in my garage in the winter.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Most of the boats fold down to about 8'-4". There are things you can do to get it lower but it won't be as simple as your truck backing the boat into garage. Call your home builder and see if you can get that door header raised.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My ss fits a 7 foot door before i put a tower on it. An exciter270 will fit too!
Lol
I had a guy try to scam me when i sold mine and it appears he is still trying to scam people with my photos of my boat online! Man i miss my boat....
w_bimini_60_mph_22163255.jpg

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My ss fits a 7 foot door before i put a tower on it. An exciter270 will fit too!
Lol
I had a guy try to scam me when i sold mine and it appears he is still trying to scam people with my photos of my boat online! Man i miss my boat....
View attachment 45679
That seems like a fun ride.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Av8tor .
A couple of things about jet boats. They are much louder than I/O, and although they have been getting quieter it is still noticeably louder. Also, gas bill is a bit higher too, usually measured by a fun-o-meter. Most fun, most gas.
Other than that they are awesome. Between the 2 models, unless you will have 5-6 ppl plus most of the time the 210 will have plenty of power and will use up a bit less gas. Depending on how much water sports you plan on doing it might be worth the tower or not. Again that is mostly personal choices. One boat is obviously cheaper, but also remember it will never be worth as much without the tower if you plan on selling it 10 years down the line. 90% of ppl in the market for a used jet boat are planning on doing water sports. ( I obviously did not think of this when I bought mine... in retrospect I should have gone with a 212x or Ar210)