• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need coolant port on engine block

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
well, I finally got my old motor back with a new (to me) block. Problem is, it's missing one of the coolant ports on the block. Does anyone know where or how to get a replacement? In the picture you can see one there but the upper is missing. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
@cybuch. Did SBT do your rebuild? If so possibly they could supply you with the missing port. Even if they didn't do your rebuild they must get plenty of unsalvageable blocks they could take one from.

No they didn't, but that's a great idea. I will reach out to PWC Engine (who did my rebuild) and SBT.

What happened that you needed a new block?

Super long story, so I will just give the readers digest version: ECU went bad and stuck one of my injectors open causing it to throw a rod, block had one hole that was repairable. Sent it to PWC engine to be rebuilt. Got it back and installed at the beginning of summer 2014. It ran great for about 10 hours but kept over heating, then it threw another rod. This time it blew a few holes in the block. Sent it back to PWC Engine and I knew they wouldn't get to it for a few months, so I bought a 2008 FXHO. Pulled the motor out of that and installed it into my boat and ran it all 2014 and all 2015 so far without any issues. PWC Engine found a block and rebuilt my motor again and went through the head this time and shipped it back to me. Now I am trying to put it back together so I can get it into this FXHO. We plan on using the ski for our flyboard business. We can have someone ride the ski and hand out cards and such. Worst case, we have a backup motor and ECU for the boat.

Well, I didn't have any luck at all from SBT. I have a call into PWC Engine, but he is hard to reach. Any other ideas?

Call a big dealer, they may have some blocks sitting around. Have you tried to order it through a dealer?

Back