• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need Help: Cushion removal/repair

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2007 AR230.. My gunnel side cushion on the port side cockpit seat(passenger) has warped for years. Will straighten out and lay flat against the wall sometimes, but will warp out up to 1-1/2" in one spot and be very wavy. This season start it has warped enough that it has slid off the mounting hook/ hardware. Anyone else had this issue? Repair ideas? What is the trick to getting this pad off?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the same issue on my 2007 SX230 but so far it has not slid off the mounting hardware. I have thought about trying to fix the warp but it keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the pile of things to do. I will be interested in here how it gets fixed.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bump.. Anyone have info to share.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
same problem but mine only warps about 1/2 inch and hasn't come off yet, if were talking about #28, I would have thought it had at least one bolt/nut to help secure it but the schematic looks like only sliders,

upload_2014-6-2_11-58-4.png

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am lurking as I have a cushion where the seam is starting to split. Will have to pull it the end of this season for repair. I have not checked it out so curious as to how your's ends up. I am sure there is some trick to it as I doubt the boat was built around the cushion!!!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep # 28 is the one. Has been warped for years. Usually pretty bad right after taking the cover off then shrinks back to about half. But always a bit weird looking. This season it has jumped off the slide clip. I have not a clue on how to get it off. I doesn't budge.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
number 28 cushion 006.jpg number 28 cushion 001.jpg number 28 cushion 004.jpg so I've done my JB.net good deed for the day, I still had the cover off the boat from this weekend so I took a couple of pictures. I removed the aft port cushion that covers the battery and snapped a few. If you go through the hole under the convertible sheet the cupholder/grab handle blocks any view/access.

the first is looking forward in the compartment, on the forward left you can see the nut/bolt that hold the mid port cleat and a few more double self tappers where some more slider set latches are.

the second picture is of my warped cushion

The third is directly up, the two bolts/nuts are holding the cushion in place. The two self tapping screws to the left and right are for the "slider sets" latches for # 28 and #17 (the next cushion aft)

Thinking some more on this, if you removed it maybe you could add a slider set (or two) where it is warping to help prevent it in the future,

Last edited by a moderator:

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scottintexas .. Yes good deed for the day is fulfilled... Thanks for the pics. Glad to see there are no bolts holding it. Looks like pry bottom and lift.. I really was scared I'd break something. Not any more. I'm thinking same as you. Add a couple of the slide clips. Use a router to slot the plastic backer of the cushion. . glad someone has their boat close by. Thanks again.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lspeedss , there are two small nuts/bolts, shown in the third picture, they should be somewhat easy to reach, of course as always, if you have a small child around it's MUCH easier!

the slide clips are held in by self tapping screws,

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm doing my upholstery and had to remove everything.

#28 actually has three nuts/bolts holding it on, the two mentioned above in the 2nd picture,

There is a third nut/bolt and the very forward of the cushion (you can't see it in the first picture, only the self tapping screws) I had to pull the aft changing room wall and it's right there and easy to access,

My cushion is still warping and I hope to add another slider to it to solve the problem,

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is doing this as well. I plan to add another stud and a hole for said stud when i redo my interior.

Ngraves7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Were you able to remove the cushion? I need to remove a similar cushion and can’t figure it out.

I have a 2007 AR230.. My gunnel side cushion on the port side cockpit seat(passenger) has warped for years. Will straighten out and lay flat against the wall sometimes, but will warp out up to 1-1/2" in one spot and be very wavy. This season start it has warped enough that it has slid off the mounting hook/ hardware. Anyone else had this issue? Repair ideas? What is the trick to getting this pad off?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were you able to remove the cushion? I need to remove a similar cushion and can’t figure it out.
Can you give us a picture of the cushion you are trying to remove, I just looked at an 05 manual and it only seems to show the drivers side,