• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out hatch rebuild - wood core replacement

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Loos like we Yamaha guys are having a lot of fun doing this!! Smh
I might just lay-in my plywood and discard my old cap( the bottom layer of fiberglass) and just make the new glass tight as can be

I really wanted to just fill it with resin then drill out the holes and avoid wood all together.
I almost did that. It was a pain to get it flat and it kept wanting to curl. This is also the bottom side so you don’t even see it most of the time.

Last edited:

Johnq36

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I almo

I almost did that. It was a pain to get it flat and it kept wanting to curl. This is also the bottom side so you don’t even see it most of the time.
Idk what products would even be recommended to just fill it.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Idk what products would even be recommended to just fill it.
It would not be cost effective to fill the whole thing in with epoxy in my opinion. You need to put some sort of solid core in like wood or fiberboard. As it was I used almost a gallon of epoxy just attaching things together.
What you could do is put a solid core in, cover it with epoxy and then paint the bottom.

Johnq36

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would not be cost effective to fill the whole thing in with epoxy in my opinion. You need to put some sort of solid core in like wood or fiberboard. As it was I used almost a gallon of epoxy just attaching things together.
What you could do is put a solid core in, cover it with epoxy and then paint the bottom.
Thanks, I am going to look for some marine rated ply

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks, I am going to look for some marine rated ply
Why wouldn't just a sheet of rot resistant green treated plywood work? It's half the price and can be found in 3/8 thickness?