• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need Help - Damaged windshield NLA (No Longer Available) for 2008

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Let me start with ARRGGGHH! I was lucky enough to have my boat survive a major flood on our lake this past fall. The only damages are to the windshield glasswork and frame on the starboard side and just some lightly bent frame on the port side. This happened when the boat because trapped UNDER a fixed level boat house as the floodwaters rose. But adding insult to injury, it turn out that while I can get the complete assembly (which consists of windshield glass and frame assembly) for the port side, I can no longer get the assembly nor find one anywhere. The Yamaha dealer shows 0 in stock anywhere, including Japan, and all parts searches for the starboard side are about $2600 versus $697 for the available port side.

To make matter worse, I contacted Taylor Made, who bought the tooling from AmeriTex, the original manufacturer of our Windshield assemblies for these years and that would be happy to make me a custom piece of glass for $4500. I haven't said no yet.

Insurance should be covering this, but I have yet to come back to them on the hard to find parts. In the meantime, does anyone know if there are more cross-references for windshield part F2A-U1812-00-00? This part number should cover all 2007-2009 SX, AR and Limited 230 series models. Also if you have on links for good salvage sites that might have these parts, please post them.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there a lot of curve on the piece? These are not marine people, but when I've had an odd glass question, they have come through. Binswanger Glass

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like you have exhausted the options for a new replacement. The only other options that I can think of are;

1. Find a boat that is being parted out.

2. Fit an entire glass section from a different boat.

3. Have that section or all the glass custom made.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
It’s nothing but curve. It should be the same piece on your boat. Thanks for the link. I’ll give them a call.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, sorry, From memory and the picture fo the side I could not remember if the triangle side piece had a curve or not...then Cr@p I saw that you are missing one of the front pieces also. Yeah, that's a huge curved piece all right. I hope Binswagner has some tips.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I did do some measurements from few 242x models sitting on the dealers lots. While looking whole assembly is too wide and longer than the 08

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
maybe @PaulyB I think he dealt with a couple of salvage boats,

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did do some measurements from few 242x models sitting on the dealers lots. While looking whole assembly is too wide and longer than the 08
What about a current 21 footer?

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks Wayloncle, yep we checked them, no avail.

Mainah, At this point, I am thinking that the AR/SX210 and 212X might be options but I'd need someone with one of these models to help confirm size. The higher pricing for frame and glass listed tells me that they may be running low on stock.

212X
2009 Yamaha 212 X (FAT1100AH) Helm | Yamaha Sports Plaza

SX210
2009 Yamaha SX210 (FRT1100BH) Helm | Yamaha Sports Plaza

The other way to go is get the glass and frame from a 212SS, go custom! All new glass and frame would be cheaper than one single pane of custom glass.
2009 Yamaha 212 SS (FAT1100CH) Helm | Yamaha Sports Plaza

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may have the glass you need. I have the windshield frame for the starboard side, but I think I may have ran it over with a tractor last week while removing something from a totaled boat. It was on the ground laying under some leaves and I didnt realize it was there. I will check it out to see if I did run it over, and if it is damaged.

I don't have anything for the port side unfortunately.

I have looked on the two salvage sites that I use, www.copart.com and www.iaai.com, and neither have any 07-09 230s on their site right now.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Pauly, any word on the frame?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I worked late last night and didn’t get a chance to get over and check

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No worries! Just had a note here to ask. Was stuck in meetings and airplanes all day yesterday.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it looks like the frame I have is good. The bad news is the glass that I had appears to have broken.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I highly suspect you can expand your salvage search to the early 21 foot models as well (AR210, SX210, SR210). Mine (06 SX210) look suspiciously familiar and I can’t imagine Yamaha would have tooled different windshields for such similar boats due to the cost (except of course for the SS). If you have specific measurements you want me to take, just let me know how you chose to measure so I can do the same.
94956903-600A-4B22-8731-C6B08C8324DB.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When researching the windshield rubber trim/plug screw cover, https://jetboaters.net/threads/07-yamaha-windshield-trim-plug-black-rubber-seal.15306/ I found at Search results for: 'ameritex windshield frame' | Great Lakes Skipper I found out that Ameritex was most likely the manufacturer of the windshield glass.
Ameritex Technologies Looking thru their glass shapes, F2 looks familiar but I dont have any measurements on hand. F2 is also in the Yamaha p/n. F2 is too big. B8 and B15 close.
Taylor Made makes the frame. They make the screw cover also. Taylor Made Systems - Windshield Repair
Screenshot_20190204-081252_Chrome.jpg

I Just peeled up my screw cover to reveal this label...went back in just fine.

20190204_151255.jpg

Last edited:

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks all!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After talking with my dad, the piece of glass that I found broken, was not the windshield I have. So I have a windshield laying around somewhere, I just have to find it.