• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need Help - LED Controller

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I need help with installing a controller for my LEDs on my boat. Currently they just run off of a switch. Coming out of the switch are 3 wires but from what it looks like it's a power wire for all LEDs, then a power and a ground for the switch that lights up when the LEDs are on? Does that make sense?? I would guess to run a controller I'd have to find the negative wire that runs back to the battery coming from all LEDs? I want to run this controller for my phone because even though I only have blue LEDs it does different functions for single colors. Anyone have any advice? image.jpeg

Are you running RGB or just one color?

Well, you have a RGB controller pictured, it will work but you will have to pick just one color to use and yes, you will need the power and ground from the LEDs back to the controller. You could mount the controller close to the LEDs and leave the switch in place on the input of the controller, that way you have zero power draw when you are not using it (stored, with switch off). Hope that makes sense.

Well, you have a RGB controller pictured, it will work but you will have to pick just one color to use and yes, you will need the power and ground from the LEDs back to the controller. You could mount the controller close to the LEDs and leave the switch in place on the input of the controller, that way you have zero power draw when you are not using it (stored, with switch off). Hope that makes sense.
Yeah I hear you. I can't figure out which led is ran first from Scarab, I need to run this controller somewhere near the battery before the common ground wire right? In order to control all (11) LEDs

Unfortunately, yes, ground is what controls the dimming of the LEDs.

Unfortunately, yes, ground is what controls the dimming of the LEDs.
Ah damn every ground wire on the boat is yellow haha it's so hard to find the one for LEDs

Back