• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help with 2022 195s audio upgrade

TXtraumaRN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Apparently the new 2022 195's are running with the Actia Activision 730 Multi function control panel. I want to upgrade the sound system, but keep the head unit. I am unable to find a wiring diagram and nothing is labeled. Actia said they can't release them, and Yamaha is clueless. Anybody that can help? Can I run it off the remote Fusion MS-RA70NSX unit? (dealer says no).

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
You can run it off the head unit. Check out @Hoyt build thread. He should be a welath of knowledge.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Can I run it off the remote Fusion MS-RA70NSX unit? (dealer says no).
The Acita displays are proprietary. But as mentioned, the Fusion has RCA outputs (might be snipped off) to run your own amps and speaker system. I put an amp by the batteries, added mid-cabin speakers, and re-wired all my speakers to the amp. I ran RCA cables from the Fusion to the amp for front/rear control. Works great and the Connext (Actia) controls everything through the Fusion head unit.

TXtraumaRN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
More problems... So I was doing a rough in for the JBL towers and Kicker subs which are to be powered by a JBL 1300 watt Amp. Amp is connected directly to the battery (via a fuse box and inline fuse) using 8 awg wire throughout, and also grounded at the battery terminal via 8 awg wire. As soon as I flip the toggle going to the amp remote it blows the fuses. Everything looks to be connected correctly. Are the 40a fuses too small?

JasonB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Apparently the new 2022 195's are running with the Actia Activision 730 Multi function control panel. I want to upgrade the sound system, but keep the head unit. I am unable to find a wiring diagram and nothing is labeled. Actia said they can't release them, and Yamaha is clueless. Anybody that can help? Can I run it off the remote Fusion MS-RA70NSX unit? (dealer says no).
So we are not getting the Connecxt system and getting some other system that there is no documentation for? I can't find anything on a google search for Actia Activision 730. And when I find something, it is the 430 and looks like a complete jumble.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So we are not getting the Connecxt system and getting some other system
No the Connext runs on the Actia display. Actia makes the display unit and customizes the firmware to run the Yamaha Connext software.

Some models have changed to Ennovision for the display, mainly the 12" I believe.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
More problems... So I was doing a rough in for the JBL towers and Kicker subs which are to be powered by a JBL 1300 watt Amp. Amp is connected directly to the battery (via a fuse box and inline fuse) using 8 awg wire throughout, and also grounded at the battery terminal via 8 awg wire. As soon as I flip the toggle going to the amp remote it blows the fuses. Everything looks to be connected correctly. Are the 40a fuses too small?
A 1300 watt amp will draw over 100a total at full draw. But if you don't have the volume up, it shouldn't blow the fuses. Sounds like something is wired wrong - are the speakers wired properly ch1 left ch2 right, etc? Are you bridging channels? If so, make sure you're using the correct outputs. This is a multi-channel amp, not a monoblock amp?

Also you're going to need bigger +/- wires than 8ga - you'll need 4ga minimum but 2ga or even 1/0 might be needed for that much juice. The manual will tell you how big your power wires need to be for the amp.

JasonB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
No the Connext runs on the Actia display. Actia makes the display unit and customizes the firmware to run the Yamaha Connext software.

Some models have changed to Ennovision for the display, mainly the 12" I believe.
Right on. Thanks. It had me thinking that the supply chain was so bad that they found a different vendor and wasn't telling us buyers.

JasonB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I saw your other post about blowing fuses but I'll include it here as well. This guy has helped me learn how to calculate my power requirements for car audio installs. It should do me well for the boat as well. Maybe this will help you too. Check out the links at the end of the video for more info on calculating fuse sizing as well.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Check out the links at the end of the video for more info on calculating fuse sizing as well.
If the volume is down or off, it shouldn't be drawing much power and blow fuses regardless of power wires or fuse size. I can't see a 40a fuse popping from turn on transient unless he cranks up the volume. I think something is wired wrong if it's popping right away.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

TXtraumaRN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
A 1300 watt amp will draw over 100a total at full draw. But if you don't have the volume up, it shouldn't blow the fuses. Sounds like something is wired wrong - are the speakers wired properly ch1 left ch2 right, etc? Are you bridging channels? If so, make sure you're using the correct outputs. This is a multi-channel amp, not a monoblock amp?

Also you're going to need bigger +/- wires than 8ga - you'll need 4ga minimum but 2ga or even 1/0 might be needed for that much juice. The manual will tell you how big your power wires need to be for the amp.
Good to know. I'll be getting bigger fuses and 4 awg wire. But in this case the head unit wasn't even turned on yet, hell the battery disconnect was still off... So it's got to be something with the wiring. I was losing daylight and working 45 hours over the next 3 days, so I'll start at the drawing board again this weekend.
Multi channel Amp, no bridging, no, I'll double check the correct wire placement for the speakers but if the head unit isn't powered on that shouldn't affect it, right?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Multi channel Amp, no bridging, no, I'll double check the correct wire placement for the speakers but if the head unit isn't powered on that shouldn't affect it, right?
Lack of sleep will do it...been there done that. If the speakers are not wired properly, shorting or crossing in some way, then no the head unit doesn't need to be on for the amp to react.