• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need new Bimini for 2011 242 Limited S

BigJudy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sure, he has the template. I'll PM you his name and number.
Piney could you please send me his name and number? I am needing the exact Bimini top made. Thanks

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sure.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just realized that I never posted on this thread... I used @piney1’s guy and everything turned out great. I had him make it all the same, but also purchased a replacement boot to match.

He’s a true craftsman and the custom canvas was cheaper than a stock replacement!

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@piney1 let us know when you decide to get black bow/cockpit covers made. I'd definitely buy them when someone makes them in black. I bought grey ones for an AR240 about 3 years ago and they are showing some age already.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Michael Kay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sure, he has the template. I'll PM you his name and number.
Hi there, I just saw this post. Any way you can send me the info as well? I have a 2011 242 Limited S, and the Bimini is shot. I want to replace with a dark blue or black. Also, did they replace the snakeskin cover for it also?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sent and sent!

Michael Kay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pic from the porch.

I love the cover and Bimini. I called the Bimini guy you mentioned previously, and having one made this summer. On the cover, is that the standard cover from JBP, or did you get it custom made? I love the side covers. Help keep the sun from baking the paint (I live in Texas).

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love the cover and Bimini. I called the Bimini guy you mentioned previously, and having one made this summer. On the cover, is that the standard cover from JBP, or did you get it custom made? I love the side covers. Help keep the sun from baking the paint (I live in Texas).
The top cover is the upmarket factory cover. I had the skirt made as a standalone skirt. Others have taken the same top and had skirts added to them. This skirt is the heavier Sunbrella fabric. I had it custom made but, since then, I have seen other places that make them without the need for a custom fit. They’ll be less accurate but still do the job.
AD45224B-6BAF-47CA-8EAA-A8BD30C8654A.jpeg
It does keep the sun off of it. This was this morning after giving a quick wax before putting the skirt and cover back on. (We got it wet yesterday.)

JBP Tim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just had mine made in the heaviest black Sunbrella they make, Kevlar threading for longevity and added zippers so it will come off without taking the frame off. $533 in total. It will certainly last a lot longer than the OEM kind. My OEM had two seasons on it (boat was 5 years old, kept indoors with 7.6 hours on it when I got it) & it looked like crap.

Hey there,

My bimini top on my 2011 Yamaha 242 just gave it up. Looking for a replacement. Yours looks great! Could you pass along info on the vendor you used to have it made. Would like investigate getting one made as well.

Thanks!!

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2011 Yami Bimini top!!!! Yup.... Please shoot me the info as well sir. I want to transition to the black top and extension if possible. #needmoreshade =D

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will PM it to you. Not sure on the extension, he has the template for this but would probably need to have a boat to measure in order to make anything custom.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a black Bimini replacement made recently and thinks it’s great, especially the zippers which allow me to remove the canvas without detaching the poles from the tower. My upholsterer is based in San Jose, CA and charged me about $500 for the cover, $500 for the extension (with out the poles or mounting hardware) and another $500 for the custom boot.

If anyone is interested I will share her contact information with them and am open to bringing my top in for her to use as a template. NOTE: After building and modifying my custom boot she stated that she would not do so again for the price I paid but I think she’s open to negotiations especially on bundled deals.

Last edited:

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recently had a new Bimini made locally. He didn't like the design with the zippers on the flaps in the front, so he added snaps to the wakeboard tower and the back part of the frame. It also is a little wider and comes down a few inches more on the sides. He also added zippers to take it off of the frame and made me a new cover to match. I'll send some pictures this weekend.