• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need new Bimini for 2011 242 Limited S

cwright22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sure, he has the template. I'll PM you his name and number.
Is this person still able to make these. I would like to order one as well

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is this person still able to make these. I would like to order one as well
He retired. Enough folks here have bought one from him, hopefully one can take to a trim shop and have another template made.

cwright22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
He retired. Enough folks here have bought one from him, hopefully one can take to a trim shop and have another template made.
Dang. Thats for responding tho

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Partzilla has these

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I purchased on last year with no issue
That's good to hear, I have had great luck with Partzilla. But they are very well known for listing every part in the Yamaha catalog, but you have no idea if they have it, or if they have to order it. And it is at that time that you find out there is a nationwide backlog of orders.

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's good to hear, I have had great luck with Partzilla. But they are very well known for listing every part in the Yamaha catalog, but you have no idea if they have it, or if they have to order it. And it is at that time that you find out there is a nationwide backlog of orders.
I had a Devil of a time trying to find one, but this was the only place that did have them in stock (and the right color that I wanted)

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you post the link. I only see the brown one
I think for the 2011, that is all they have. I'm not sure the compatibility of the later models. For 2015+ there is tan, Black and Grey avail.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think for the 2011, that is all they have. I'm not sure the compatibility of the later models. For 2015+ there is tan, Black and Grey avail.
2010 and 2011 should be the same. 2012-2014 were a revised, tip down tower and the bimini changed. 2015 on should be another change.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I suggest you take what’s left of your current Bimini top to a local marine upholsterer and have them quote what they would charge you to make a replacement with varying grades of material. You may be surprised with the range of prices but suspect that they will all come in lower than the new stock price. You should also be able to choose your color as well as make medications/improvements to the original design for a small fee. For instance zippered bow slots so it’s easier to install and or remove from the frame or add a have a heavy duty zipper to the trailing edge for a Bimini extension.