• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need some assistance with centering the steering

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Disconnect the cables from the nozzles / rotate the wheel all the way to the right/ place a piece of tape on top of the wheel/ rotate the wheel all the way to the left/ place a piece of tape on top of the wheel / now rotate the wheel to point both pieces of tape as close as possible to the floor. Now place a piece of tape on top of the wheel / the wheel is now centered / lay a straight edge across the openings of the nozzles and have them flat against it with someone holding the straight edge against them while you readjust the cables to the hole in the nozzle steering arms . After that readjust the rudder with the nozzles and wheel the rudder should be at 90 degrees to the back of the boat with the steering wheel in dead center. do not do the other thing as that was for an old and different style boat it would not work on this boat

Last edited:

Martincfi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Disconnect the cables from the nozzles / rotate the wheel all the way to the right/ place a piece of tape on top of the wheel/ rotate the wheel all the way to the left/ place a piece of tape on top of the wheel / now rotate the wheel to point both pieces of tape as close as possible to the floor. Now place a piece of tape on top of the wheel / the wheel is now centered / lay a straight edge across the openings of the nozzles and have them flat against it with someone holding the straight edge against them while you readjust the cables to the hole in the nozzle steering arms . After that readjust the rudder with the nozzles and wheel the rudder should be at 90 degrees to the back of the boat with the steering wheel in dead center. do not do the other thing as that was for an old and different style boat it would not work on this boat
Thank you. I will work on it this week. Really appreciate your advice.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thank you. I will work on it this week. Really appreciate your advice.
I noticed when I replaced my steering cable, the clevis from the steering cable to the nozzle control the left to right movement. Sometimes, its just as simple as unscrewing the clevins and allow the travel to move a little more. When I lube my steering cable, I have to remove the clevis and count 22-23 revolutions when removing and re-applying.